2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2014 5:48 PM by A.T. Romano

Timeline

sassie1414

How can I move the entire timeline and keep everything in sync? I need to add 2minutes worth of clips at the very beginning.

• 1. Re: Timeline
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Probably the easiest way to do that is to add a Timeline Marker at the 00;02;00;00 point for reference. Then, with your Cursor, just drag around every Clip in the Timeline (lassoing them, if you will) to Select everything. Then, once they are all Selected, just drag them all to the right, lining up the first Clip with that Timeline Marker.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Timeline
            A.T. Romano Level 7

sassie1414

I would modify what has been suggested as follows

a. Move the Timeline Indicator to the 2 minute mark on the Timeline 00;02;00;00.

Do this either with the mouse cursor or hold down on the right arrow key until you get to the 2 minute time.

b. Given that all you have on the Timeline at the present time is content spanning 0 time to the end of the content. If so, Edit Menu, Select All.

c. With the whole Timeline selected, it will move as one when you take the mouse cursor and drag it to the right at the title level of the files to the 2 minute mark where the Timeline Indicator is positioned.

d. When you go to add your 2 minutes worth of files to the 2 minute space at the beginning of the Timeline, you will probably want to hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard as you are doing that to prevent any disturbances in the Timeline association with the files additions.

For your consideration.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR