I installed latest Flash Player twice today, but cannot locate after apparent successful download and install. I've checked both the applications on my hard drive and the download file. Nothing. I'm using iMac 10.9.2 and Safari 7.0.2. I now have two installers sitting on my desktop. Can't figure out what the issue is. Yes, I disabled my virus barrier etc. to allow the download. Appreciate any help.
1. It's a plug-in. NOT an app. If you wan the standalone app (doesn't work with your browser) it's here: Flash Player 12 Projector<--- THAT you can put in your apps.
2. Mac HD/Library/Internet Plug-ins is where you'll find the Flash Player.plugin and flashplayer.xpt files
3. As long as the files are where I show them in the screenshot, you can "Eject" and trash the installers on your desktop.
4. Open Safari and go to Sarari>Preferences (Cmd+,)>Security. Make sure "Allow Plug-ins" is checked.
5. (This is the most important) GET RID OF whatever antivirus someone sold you. You don't need it, and it'll cause you far more problems that it will ever possibly protect you from. There is NO SUCH THING as a "virus" for Mac OS X. It doesn't matter that Macs now have Intel® processors. They run on a UNIX BSD subsystem which viruses (executables) DON'T and CAN'T run in... ever. Since OS 10.7 OS X has built-in "malware" protection that will do a far better job of keeping you safe than ANY third party app can ever aspire to. It's only gotten better with 10.8 and 10.9.
IF... you don't have the plugin and xpt files, See: How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X