Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Suite Premium

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

for a few days i can't open up my Adobe Creative Suite Premium anymore. I always get the alert that it closed unexpectedly. I have also deleted the suite and all Adobe folder manually, then tried to re-install but the Adobe installer app gives me the same alert when i try to open.

Since i still need Adobe GoLive to edit some websites and convert them to Dreamweaver, it is important to me that i can install and access the Suite again.

Can anyone help me how to proceed here?

Thank you very much.

Sunnyfemale

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the information. Unfortunately it didn't work out for me. I downloaded the cleaner app and let it check for items to clean. But i have already deleted everything manually before.

Still didn't let me install the Adobe Creative Suite CS 1.  Same alert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunnyfemale the activation server for Creative Suite and Creative Suite 2 has been shut down.  Please see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195856 for additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

But even when i had my Suite still installed on my computer and wanted to open one of the programs the other day, i got the pop-up that the app has unexpectedly closed. I couldn't open up any of the Adobe programs from one minute to the other anymore.

So, i tried to re-install and i am not even able to open up the Adobe installer app from the CD, same alert pops up.

I don't think this could have anything to do with the activation server been shut down as even the installed suite couldn't be opened up anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies Sunnyfemale but it wasn't clear exactly where you were within the installation process.  I would recommend that you install a copy of Creative Suite 2 on the referenced page and see if you face the same difficulty.

Also the CC Cleaner tool only works with Creative Suite 3 or later.  If you do need to remove Creative Suite, and Add/Remove Programs is not working, then you may need to manually remove the installed files.  Unfortunately documentation for the manual removal process of Creative Suite 1 is no longer available.

If you continue to face difficulties with Creative Suite 2 please indicate the exact error message you are receiving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have manually deleted all application related files and all Adobe folder since i couldn't open up the "uninstall.app" of the Suite to use this.

The error message repeatedly occuring is:

"Install Adobe Creative Suite quit unexpectedly.

Click Reopen to open the applicaton again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple."

As i said, this shows up even a few days ago when i had the Suite still installed on my computer and tried to open a program. And now it shows when i try to re-install.

I really need to being able to access GoLive again to work on older website and convert them. So, this is a serious issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunnyfemale please install GoLive CS2 from http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html.  You will not be able to reinstall CS as the activation server is shut down.

It is possible that the damage done to Creative Suite may not affect your new Creative Suite 2 installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I appreciate all your effort.

I went to this webpage and hit the link for the download of CS2 applications.

There are single apps for download available as well as the Adobe Creative Suite CS2 entirely together with the serial keys.

This is what you meant, right? So, i can choose between the download of single apps or the entire Suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So as an additional info: I have downloaded a program from this page but i click on the icon to install, the same error message appears.

Looks like it may be something on my computer or system which refuses the programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunnyfemale yes in your specific case you will want to download Creative Suite 2.

You mentioned that you received a Mac error.  What version of Mac OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Jeff i could download the entire Suite CS2.

I still have Mac OS X snow leopard since i have to be able to use GoLive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunnyfemale if you continue to receive an installation error then please run any available uninstallers from Adobe located in your Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers folder.

Once you have removed any installed software then delete the following folders:

• Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • Applications/Adobe *
  • Users/<UserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe

For the Applications folder remove any remove any remaining folders which contain Adobe.  For example Adobe Photoshop CS would be an example of a folder you would want to remove.

Once you have removed the remaining files please Empty your Trash and try the installation of Creative Suite 2 again.  The Trash has to be emptied or it could affect the CS2 installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have already deleted all Adobe apps and folders manually already as i couldn't open any Adobe app to uninstall the software. The trash is empty but the error still appeared after this.

But i will discuss the issue also in a Apple store where i can show them the report coming along with the error message. Maybe it is an issue within the system.

Anyway, again I appreciate your effort and assistance very much, Jeff. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines