7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2014 7:58 AM by John T Smith

Dreamweaver CS6 & CC

wsrphoto Level 1

Since upgrading to OS-X 10.9.0, and then 10.9.1 and now 10.9.2 opening Dreamweaver (DW) generates endles error message in the console window every 2-4 seconds without stopping until DW is closed. Dreamweaver CS5/5.5 and GoLive 9 only have a few messages and stops. Can Adobe please fix or trap these mesages?

• 1. Re: Dreamweaver CS6 & CC
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>Since upgrading to OS-X 10.9.0, and then 10.9.1 and now 10.9.2

Have you gone to an Apple forum to ask Apple to fix their operating system so it does not break programs?

• 2. Re: Dreamweaver CS6 & CC
            wsrphoto Level 1

OS-X Mavericks isn't the problem when Dreamweaver doesn't work with Mavericks. The messages are about "CoreTex performance....", "dynamic_cast error 2..." and "CGSGetWindowBounds" and Adobe should have by now fully tested DW to see these messages and ensure DW works with Mavericks. I can't believe programmers at Adobe haven't seen this and fixed it. The other apps don't have these problems, even DW CS5/5.5.

• 3. Re: Dreamweaver CS6 & CC

You said "Since upgrading" your operating system... so, if everything worked before you upgraded, and not after... looks like the problem is Mavericks

Same thing sometimes happens with Windows... Win8 changed things over Win7, and Win8.1 changed things over Win8... none of which is Adobe's fault

• 4. Re: Dreamweaver CS6 & CC
                wsrphoto Level 1

I'm only reporting what I see, and since Adobe had advanced copies of Mavericks and had copies after it was released, users have every reason to expect Adobe will update their applications to work to fix or traps these messages under Mavericks after 2 updates. Apple isn't going to fix third party applications, that's the respective companies' responsibility. Enuf said, if people want to use DW CS6 and CC, be my guest, just ignore the console messages.

• 5. Re: Dreamweaver CS6 & CC

No software company has a perfect record when it comes to updates... and that certainly includes Apple, since if Apple was perfect, there would have been 10.9.0 without the need for 10.9.1 and also without the need for 10.9.2

Adobe will hopefully issue an update for 10.9.2 compatibility... and Apple will hopefully have finally fixed all of their bugs so there won't be a 10.9.3

• 6. Re: Dreamweaver CS6 & CC
                    wsrphoto Level 1

For what it's worth, I submitted a bug report for the console log messages and Adobe confirmed they're aware of 2 with DW CC and 3 with DW CS6 and are working on fixes in a future update.

• 7. Re: Dreamweaver CS6 & CC

Good... bug reports from a variety of users are what any company needs