2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2014 2:02 AM by SteveG(AudioMasters) RSS

Adobe Audition 3.0 wont uninstall

Kwm7 Community Member

I am trying to uninstall adobe audition 3.0 off of my computer and whenever I try to uninstall it, it says "The wizard was interrupetd before adobe audition 3.0 could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again". I went back to the setup and tried to repair it but repairing did not help and I am still not able to get adobe audition 3.0 off of my computer. Does any know how I could remove it?

• 1. Re: Adobe Audition 3.0 wont uninstall
          emmrecs Community Member

If the reason for the uninstall is in order to carry out a "clean" reinstall, then you need to be aware of the changes made by Adobe to the new procedure for this; basically, as I understand it, you will need to download the new installer, with a new serial number, since the old "activation" process is no longer available.  I assume that, in order to access the new download, you may need to input the serial number of your existing disc, in order to prove you are a "legitimate" customer.

However, the problem of the faulty uninstall of any program can be almost always resolved by finding, downloading and installing Revo Uninstaller.  It exists in both free and paid for versions.  The free version should be able to do what you need but the "Pro" (paid for) version is, IMO, well worth the money.  (BTW, I said that this app can "almost always" resolve problems like these because I've never found a situation where its capabilities were not equal to the challenge, but I guess there might be one, somewhere!)

HTH

• 2. Re: Adobe Audition 3.0 wont uninstall
            SteveG(AudioMasters) Community Member

It sounds as though the log file has been corrupted somehow - that would be enough to stop it uninstalling correctly, I think. If I'm not mistaken, you should be able to achieve a complete removal of AA3 manually - see below. It's only Audition 3 we can give you the information for, and that's only because the authentication server has failed - Adobe have had to provide the information in order for anybody to reinstall it. It may even be the case that the log file is fine, but that the uninstaller has tried to contact the authentication server as part of the uninstall - and that will fail. You have two options; firstly try a removal without deactivation. That should leave the authentication on your machine, but that can be removed afterwards. Secondly, just do the whole thing manually, as follows: (printing this out is probably a good idea)

The activation method used in Audition 3 introduced problems when drives were cloned. Fortunately, Adobe has moved away from this method since then, but for these situations with the older releases, here are the steps for a full manual removal:

These steps should wipe almost all traces of Audition from the system and allow it to be reinstalled. If you're on a 64-bit Vista or Windows 7system, some of the folder names may be different, for instance""C:\Program Files (x32)\" instead of just "C:\Program Files\". Also, the documents and settings folder may be found in the 'roaming' section in later OS versions.

Delete folders:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition 3.0\

C:\Documents and settings\{yourusername}\Application Data\Adobe\Audition

C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{53C141BA-4F9E-43FB-B4F9-0C01BB716FA8}

Delete these Registry groups:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Features\4CF9FE68902F02547B1E7CFFE0BEFDFFH KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Features\AB141C35E9F4BF344B9FC010BB17F68A

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\AB141C35E9F4BF344B9FC010BB17F68A

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Audition\3.0\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Adobe\Audition\3.0\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Installer\Features\4CF9FE68902F02547B1E7CF FE0BEFDFF

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Installer\Features\AB141C35E9F4BF344B9FC01 0BB17F68A

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Installer\Products\4CF9FE68902F02547B1E7CF FE0BEFDFF

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Installer\Products\AB141C35E9F4BF344B9FC01 0BB17F68A

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer \UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\4CF9FE68902F02547B1E7CFFE0BEFDFF

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer \UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\AB141C35E9F4BF344B9FC010BB17F68A

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall \{53C141BA-4F9E-43FB-B4F9-0C01BB716FA8}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall \Adobe Audition 3.0