7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2006 7:33 AM by Newsgroup_User

Move markers at ones

Level 7
      Hello,

how can I select and move all markers on a different postion?

THX for any hint, Walter

• 1. Re: Move markers at ones
          a¿ex Level 1
          you can't.

however, there are workarounds.
          one more laborous would be to write a scroe recording script to change the position of markers (if the markers you want to shift are not consecutive)

the other is to add/remove frames which shifts the markers to the left/right and afterwards/before select all sprites in the score and move them in the opposite direction.

e.g.

you have a marker in frame 10 and one in frame 20. you want to shift these markers by 4 frames to the right.
          select all sprites in the score (Cmd+A) drag them one frame to the right, select frame 1, choose "Insert"->"Frames..." from the menu, enter 4 and confirm, select all sprites in the score (Cmd+A), move them to the left by 5 frames.

------------

you have a marker in frame 10 and one in frame 20. you want to shift these markers by 4 frames to the left.
          select all sprites in the score (Cmd+A) drag them 4 frames to the right, doubleclick on the frame number bar in frame 1, hold down the shift key and click on the frame number bar in frame 4 (now all sprites in frame 1 to 4 should be selected), hit the delete key...
          • 2. Re: Move markers at ones
            Level 7
            Put this code in a movie script and go to the message window.
            on ShiftMarkers howMuch
            mkrList = (the markerList).duplicate ()
            go to frame 1
            cnt = mkrList.count
            repeat with x = 1 to cnt
            go to marker (1)
            the frameLabel = 0
            end repeat
            repeat with markerName in mkrList
            oldFrame = mkrList.getOne (markerName)
            newFrame = oldFrame + howMuch
            go to newFrame
            the frameLabel = markerName
            end repeat
            end

Enter the following and hit RETURN and your markers will all shift 10 frames
            to the right.

ShiftMarkers (10)

A negative number will shift them all to the left. There is no code to
            protect against your trying to shift a marker backwards beyound frame 1.

--
            Craig Wollman
            Word of Mouth Productions

phone 212 928 9581
            fax 212 928 9582
            159-00 Riverside Drive West #5H-70
            NY, NY 10032
            www.wordofmouthpros.com

"wz" <walter.zeller@mspp.com> wrote in message
            news:e7g60e$8nn$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Hello,
            >
            > how can I select and move all markers on a different postion?
            >
            > THX for any hint, Walter
            >

• 3. Re: Move markers at ones
              Level 7
              I wish they'd update this feature one of these days. The other annoyance I
              have with markers is if you want to add one close to and just after an
              existing marker, you have to create the marker further away and then move it
              into place, otherwise it will edit the the old marker instead. If you have
              a bunch of markers near eachother, this can be quite annoying.

• 4. Re: Move markers at ones
                Level 7
                Unless you just expand the score. Once you get used to expanding and
                contracting the score with CTR- or CTR+ you hardly notice it.

--
                Craig Wollman

phone 212 928 9581
                fax 212 928 9582
                NY, NY 10032
                www.wordofmouthpros.com

"Darrel Hoffman" <no.address@all.com> wrote in message
                news:e7h68l$m2n$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                >I wish they'd update this feature one of these days. The other annoyance I
                > have with markers is if you want to add one close to and just after an
                > existing marker, you have to create the marker further away and then move
                > it
                > into place, otherwise it will edit the the old marker instead. If you
                > have
                > a bunch of markers near eachother, this can be quite annoying.
                >
                >

• 5. Re: Move markers at ones
                  Level 7
                  > Unless you just expand the score. Once you get used to expanding and
                  > contracting the score with CTR- or CTR+ you hardly notice it.

Well, my general practise when building projects from scratch is to have the
                  entire project run on one frame, or at least as close to one frame as I can
                  practically achieve. Unfortunately, a great deal of my work recently has
                  been modifying and expanding projects originally written by other people,
                  for whom such concepts as efficient design (and commented code, and
                  user-friendly UI, and descriptive variable and cast member names, etc.) are
                  utterly foreign. I personally don't like it when I can't see the entire
                  scope of the project on the screen at one time, so I generally avoid long
                  scores. (Too easy to get lost in them.) Any animation that I can do with a
                  simple script rather than key-framing, I do it that way. Saves space and
                  performs more reliably as well. Honestly, I'd be just as happy using
                  Director if the score didn't even exist. Just make it possible to make
                  mulitple "pages" isntead of frames, and you could accomplish almost all of
                  the same functions. Not that I expect something this fundamental to the
                  program to ever change, but whatever.

• 6. Re: Move markers at ones
                    Level 7
                    So I guess overlapping markers really isn't a problem.

--
                    Craig Wollman

phone 212 928 9581
                    fax 212 928 9582
                    NY, NY 10032
                    www.wordofmouthpros.com

"Darrel Hoffman" <no.address@all.com> wrote in message
                    news:e7hk8q$8t0$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    >> Unless you just expand the score. Once you get used to expanding and
                    >> contracting the score with CTR- or CTR+ you hardly notice it.
                    >
                    > Well, my general practise when building projects from scratch is to have
                    > the
                    > entire project run on one frame, or at least as close to one frame as I
                    > can
                    > practically achieve. Unfortunately, a great deal of my work recently has
                    > been modifying and expanding projects originally written by other people,
                    > for whom such concepts as efficient design (and commented code, and
                    > user-friendly UI, and descriptive variable and cast member names, etc.)
                    > are
                    > utterly foreign. I personally don't like it when I can't see the entire
                    > scope of the project on the screen at one time, so I generally avoid long
                    > scores. (Too easy to get lost in them.) Any animation that I can do with
                    > a
                    > simple script rather than key-framing, I do it that way. Saves space and
                    > performs more reliably as well. Honestly, I'd be just as happy using
                    > Director if the score didn't even exist. Just make it possible to make
                    > mulitple "pages" isntead of frames, and you could accomplish almost all of
                    > the same functions. Not that I expect something this fundamental to the
                    > program to ever change, but whatever.
                    >
                    >

• 7. Re: Move markers at ones
                      Level 7
                      > So I guess overlapping markers really isn't a problem.

Well, it wouldn't be if all my projects were created by me from scratch.
                      But like I said, most of my recent work has been on projects started by
                      other, much-less-organized people, so yes, I'd say it is still a problem.
                      But whatever.