6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2014 11:50 AM by Lakelady

Lost my Adobe Premere Elements 9 with a hard drive crash

Lakelady

My hard drive was crashing so I bought a new one and tried to get everything off of the old one through backing it up before it crashed to install on the new one. Some things just didn't back up and I lost them. I do have the key to the Premere Elements 9 with Photo Shop from the program that came installed on the computer when I purchased it. But I don't have the disks to reinstall it. I know there are newer versions available now. Do I have to upgrade to get it back or can I get what I had back somehow with the key.

Ladylake

• 1. Re: Lost my Adobe Premere Elements 9 with a hard drive crash
          Level 5

Lakelady wrote:

…I do have the key to the Premere Elements 9 with Photo Shop from the program that came installed on the computer when I purchased it…

Then you don't own a legitimate license, and you've been using that software illegally—unless you also obtained a transfer of license and registered with Adobe when you bought the machine, in which case it will show in your account on the Adobe web site.

The  bad news for you now is that the serial numbers shown within an Adobe application are deliberately truncated so as not to encourage software piracy. Four digits are missing.

• 2. Re: Lost my Adobe Premere Elements 9 with a hard drive crash
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Lakelady,

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, as Station_Two points out, this the Photoshop Forum, Photoshop Elements' "big brother."

I will Move your post to the very helpful and active Photoshop Elements Forum. Your link and any e-mail subscriptions will follow.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Moved to Photoshop Elements Forum]

• 3. Re: Lost my Adobe Premere Elements 9 with a hard drive crash
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I see that you have both Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements, but it appears that the majority of your problem is actually with Premiere Elements.

I Moved your post to the Photoshop Elements, but now feel it belongs in the Premiere Elements Forum. Sorry about that.

Hunt

[Moved to Premiere Elements Forum]

• 4. Re: Lost my Adobe Premere Elements 9 with a hard drive crash
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may also help

-has links to the FAQ/TIPS pages AND download versions 7-thru-12 if you lose your disc

• 5. Re: Lost my Adobe Premere Elements 9 with a hard drive crash
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Lakelady,

Now that we have your post in the Premiere Elements Forum, lets begin to troubleshoot the installation of PrE 9 issue.

Did you computer come with a utility, or recovery disc, that might have the installation files for PrE 9 (and PsE 9)?

If not, you can download the trial version(s) here, and upon installation, with your S/N's, convert those trial versions to the full-paid version. http://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl/page/2

Just scroll down on the ProDesignTools page 2, to get to the download for PrE 9 and PsE 9. Be VERY SURE that you follow the instructions to download 100%, or you will get an Access Denied error. Have your two S/N's handy, to convert the trial to the full-paid version. Again, be sure to follow those download instructions 100%.

Good luck, and sorry that I have Moved the post around a bit. As PsE and PrE are often sold in a bundle, each is a separate program, with separate S/N's. When having an issue with both, it can be tough deciding which Adobe Forum is best for the question.

Hunt

• 6. Re: Lost my Adobe Premere Elements 9 with a hard drive crash
                    Lakelady Level 1

Hi Bill, Very helpful information. I can't wait to try and get my photoshop and photo elements back. No I didn't get a recovery disk or it would have been an easy fix. But I did pay to decode all of my keys for all of my programs before I removed the old hard drive and installed the new one so I should be able to do what you have suggested. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks to you to John for the link to the tutorials. Always helpful to have.

Lakelady