5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2014 10:09 AM by Guzbop

Opening existing CC projects goes to queue

Guzbop

Hi,

When I click on ANY existing project AE goes to welcome queue or, if I uncheck the "show welcome screen..." box, it just goes to a new project window. Either way I used to be able to click a project and AE would open THAT project. This is a double search issue that is distracting and downright aggravating. Is something messed up in my preferences?

Thanks, J

• 1. Re: Opening existing CC projects goes to queue
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Mash down on all the keys on the right side of your keyboard (shift + Alt/Option + Cmnd/Ctrl) while you click on AE to open the app and then select trash my preferences when given the option. If that does not work then give us some info about AE and your machine. We have nothing to go on. Trying to answer your query is almost like trying to answer the question: "Why is watermellon?"

• 2. Re: Opening existing CC projects goes to queue
            Guzbop Level 1

Helpful, albiet sarcastic footnote. I use a IMac 16G Ram Mountain Lion OS w eternal drives for media storage and 1 external cache (SSD Thunderbolt) drive. I have always opened projects by searching for and selecting a saved project and that file would open. Now, I get a welcome queue that shows recently opened choices only or New Comp, Open Project, etc. I would like to double-click any file and have that specific file open (I do understand that it may require updating to current CC version) without AE asking me where the file is again. This requires re-searching for the specific file.

Thanks for your quick response.

• 3. Re: Opening existing CC projects goes to queue
              Guzbop Level 1

I used the "mash down" and after trashing preferences the specific project opened. I closed the project and clicked on it again and the same welcome window showed up, closed the welcome window and a empty project window opened. Tried the "mash" again and specific project opened apre trash pref. Is ther somewhere in preferences to make opening the specific file a default behavior? Thanks

• 4. Re: Opening existing CC projects goes to queue
                Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You turn off the welcome screen at the bottom of the welcome screen. I've never seen this problem. Did anything change on your system? Your copy of AE should be updated. There are numerous bug fixes in place and it just works better.

• 5. Re: Opening existing CC projects goes to queue
                  Guzbop Level 1

Thanks,

It's a new issue to me also. I thought I had the most recent update, but I'll check on that and update if necessary. I'm sure trashing prefs is ok, but it get's rid of my recent project history also. I'll get back with you on this soon, thanks

Sent from my iPhone