5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2014 8:27 AM by A.T. Romano

how do i fix a video track that only recorded one channel audio?

bordervideos

how do i fix a video track that only recorded one channel audio?

• 1. Re: how do i fix a video track that only recorded one channel audio?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

First, some questions please:

1. What version of PrE are you using?
          2. What OS version are you runnng it on?
          3. What are the details of your Imported Video, along with its Audio Stream?
          4. What is your Project's Setting?
          5. If you have only 1-channel Audio (Mono), do you only want that to become 2-channel Audio?
          6. If so, PrE has the Audio Effect>Fill-Left/Fill-Right, and that might be exactly what you want.
          7. If not, knowing exactly what you are working with, and what you ultimately want, will be helpful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: how do i fix a video track that only recorded one channel audio?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

bordervideos

More information is needed to help us help you with your Premiere Elements workflow concern.

The basics information should start with the version of Premiere Elements that you are using and on what computer operating system it is running and many of the details requested by Hunt.

My guess is that you might be looking for the Audio Effect Fill Left or Fill Right.

The Adobe details for Fill Left, Fill Right from Adobe's Effects Reference

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS4B8135DA-083C-42eb-B09E-65070ECBC889. html

are

Fill Left, Fill Right

The Fill Left effect duplicates the left channel information of the audio clip and places it in the right channel, discarding the original clip’s right channel information. The Fill Right effect duplicates the right channel information and places it in the left channel, discarding the existing left channel information. For example, you might use this effect on footage shot with a monaural microphone plugged into only one channel of a camcorder, extending the voice of a speaker from one channel to both.

If you gave us the Premiere Elements version, we could tell you exactly how to find these Audio Effects in your version of Premiere Elements. Since you did not, we will generalize and say to look under the Audio Effects in your Premiere Elements Editor.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: how do i fix a video track that only recorded one channel audio?
              bordervideos Level 1

Thank you for your help it is premier elements 12 that I am using and yes i think the Fill left, Fill right is what I am looking for but I dont know where to find it

regards

Ciara

• 4. Re: how do i fix a video track that only recorded one channel audio?
                nealeh Level 5

1.png

If on your timeline display it is the upper audio channel that displays, you'll need Fill From Left. If it is the lower audio channel that displays you'll need Fill From Right.

Note that the audio waveform won't change. i.e. one channel will still look empty. But you can verify the effect has taken by playing the video.

Cheers,
                --
                Neale
                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 5. Re: how do i fix a video track that only recorded one channel audio?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Clara

Thanks for the follow up.

The Audio Effects Fill from Left and Fill from Right are found in the Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace only and are found there under the fx Effects tab at the bottom of the Expert workspace or are found under Action Bar Menu/Effects at the top of that workspace. If you cannot find these Effects, I suspect that you might be working in the Quick workspace.

The screenshots below are posted for your convenience

Screenshot1.jpg

and then

Screenshot2.jpg

Please do not hesitate to ask questions or ask clarification on anything posted.

Thank you.

ATR