5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2014 1:58 PM by Peter Spier

Font Licensing

Katherinet57

I need to know what the process is for licensing Adobe Type Library for distribution in mail pieces.

• 1. Re: Font Licensing
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Are you disributing the fonts (software, and not allowed), or content that uses the fonts (not a problem).

As long as the actual font software cannot be extracted and used, your license allows the distribution.

• 2. Re: Font Licensing
            Katherinet57 Level 1

If I bought a license that included 5 seats, could I use one of those seats for a web fulfillment software and the other 4 for individual computers? The fonts will be embedded in the software and not distributed through the software. The fonts will be used in mail templates that would then go into the software so the font software is not being distributed.

Sent from Windows Mail

• 3. Re: Font Licensing

You need to be much more clear about waht you are doing. Final content that is published, but not edited, on your website would not be an issue. If your wesite processes data in some way, however, and produces a new document that uses the fonts I suspect you need a server license.

And this is really a legal question you should take up with your legal advisers and an Adobe rep. We're just users like you here.

• 4. Re: Font Licensing
                Katherinet57 Level 1

I appreciate that, however I have no idea how to get in contact with an Adobe representative because it is listed nowhere on their website. I was under the impression that you were an Adobe rep. If you have any information on how to reach someone with Adobe, I would appreciate that and I could discuss in detail with them what I am interested in doing.

Sent from Windows Mail

• 5. Re: Font Licensing

I'd start by calling the number for server, developer and enterprise products at http://www.adobe.com/company/contact.html?promoid=JZEGC