2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2014 8:05 AM by coleen.jones

Problem sharing video to YouTube from Elements 10

coleen.jones

I am getting an error when trying to share a video to YouTube. I am using Elements 10 on a PC running Win 7, 32-bit. I have previously shared this video (back in April 2013) but have made some edits and now am unable to share it again. The error is "online services encountered an error the service will now be terminated or paused if possible." I am wondering if this has something to do with not being logged in to photoshop.com (which I realize is no longer active). The problem is I am also not able to choose "export" from the file menu (it is grayed out), so I am not sure how to proceed. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Problem sharing video to YouTube from Elements 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

coleen.jones

Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 32 bit.

Before all else, what video card/graphics card does your computer use. If a NVIDIA GeForce card, then please stop and let us know immediately.

The problem is I am also not able to choose "export" from the file menu (it is grayed out), so I am not sure how to proceed.

After Premiere Elements 7, the File Menu/Export/Movie option was discontinued. In the versions afterward, export was from the area named Share (before version 11) or Publish+Share (versions 11 and 12). The File Menu/Export after version 7 is for export of Title created in Titler only. And, for it to be active you need to highlight the title file in media.

Just ignore or cancel out of any photoshop.com messages, and you will be OK.

Can you upload video to YouTube from your computer hard drive to YouTube web site, thus taking Premiere Elements out of the equation? This way we know if your YouTube account is OK.

Did you refresh Online Services in preferences? Are you having any problems with your Internet Connection?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Problem sharing video to YouTube from Elements 10
            coleen.jones Level 1

ATR, thanks for the reply.

I have integrated graphics processing: Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family, total available memory is 1293 MB with 32 dedicated.

I was able to share the video to a file on my hard drive and upload to YouTube with no trouble. Adds a step to the process, but at least it works. Thank you for pointing out the obvious, I had become accustomed to sharing directly to YouTube and didn't even think to try using the share tab to create other forms of output.

Coleen