9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2014 5:29 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 10

Debbiealyce

I am having difficulty getting the disc template to save to my dvd - the menu markers are there but when I hit save after adding text the template doesn't save.

This is something I have used many times and don't know why it would not work now.  Any help is appreciated

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Debbiealyce

Could you confirm some of your details?

1. Important. Premiere Elements 10. What video card does your computer use? If it is a NVIDIA GeForce card, then please stop and let us know.

2. Just in case note, how are you defining saving your template....

a. In the Disc Menus section of the program are you Applying the menu to the project, and, when finished with your menu customization there, are you clicking on Done. And, are you then moving on to Share/Disc/DVD to create your DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc? And, when you play back the DVD on your TV DVD player and/or computer player, the DVD-VIDEO has no menus?

or

b. Something else?

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 10
            Debbiealyce Level 1

I hate to be stupid but where do I find the information of what type of video card my computer uses?

I am applying the menu to the project - adding my texts - click done and hitting save.  I am not yet done with the dvd but noticed it was no longer showing up.  So I did burn it to DVD and there are no menus at all. 

I really appreciate your help and hope that I answered the questions.  I will watch for where I am to look for type of video card.  Thanks again - Debbie

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 10
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Go to the Windows Control Panel and select Hardware and Sound and then select Device Manager... In Device manager you click the + sign to the left of Display Adapters... and see what is listed

IF you have nVidia... How to determine your nVidia driver version

Right click in any open area of the Windows desktop

Select NVIDIA Control Panel from the popup window

Select SYSTEM INFORMATION at the lower left corner

Driver version should be the 1st line in Details

I have a GTX285 using driver 296.10 and Win7

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 10
                Debbiealyce Level 1

It says two things where you told me to look. - mobile intel(R)HD graphics and

Radeon(TM) HD 6770OM

I have never had this problem before and have used this software many times

Thanks for your help. Any guidance is greatly appreciated

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 10
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Debbiealyce

Thanks for the additional information. It was good news that you did not have Premiere Elements 10 on a computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card. Often the use of two video cards can create problems for Premiere Elements (any version), but since you are a problem "it worked before but not now" puts the two video card type issue to the side. But usually good to confirm that the video cards are up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card.

But, let us move forward and detour back to video card(s) if and when indicated.

1. Given you have customized your disc menu in the Disc Menu section of the program. Before you click "Done" button on far right of that workarea, what happens when you click Preview? Is the Disc Menu Preview OK in all regards?

2. After you click "Done" button, what happens next? Share/Disc/DVD disc?

3. What specific disc menu are you selecting for your project?

We will be watching for more information to try to find the answer for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 10
                    Debbiealyce Level 1

So it does let me see it when I just add it again to preview

Then I hit save but when I try to view the templates again they aren't there.  The menu markers are though.   If I hit auto play after save the templates disappears.

I have tried several templates thinking that was the problem but it happens with all of them.

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 10
                      Debbiealyce Level 1

So I think it is there now that I hit preview before hitting save I'm going to try to burn it again tomorrow to see if it is still there and I will let you know.  Thanks for all your help.

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 10
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Debbiealyce

Thanks again. We will be watching for your progress.

At this point, especially based on the history that you report, I do not believe that dual video cards has anything to do with the problem in discussion.

ATR