35 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2017 9:39 AM by marias44001794

Problems with credit card

cnaddy

I recently updated my credit card info for my Creative Cloud subscription. I saw the $1 test charge on my account, so I know the information was right, but the payment for February never happened. I went ahead and tried updating the information, even though it was all the same, and once again I saw the $1 test. When will adobe try charging my account again? Is there a way to force the payment through?

If there continues to be a problem could I send payment through my bank's online bill payer?

• 2. Re: Problems with credit card
          Lehik

I'm having same kind of problems with CC subscription. I started my first subscription in December 2013 and Adobe charged my credit card successfully. In January 2014 I got an email saying that my subscription is about to end because the payment fails. I made 2-3 phone calls to Customer service and both I the the Customer service changed the card details but it just never worked. My subscription ended by February.

After the subscription had ended, I gave a try to re-subscribe again. Everything worked just fine and my credit card was charged successfully. However now, a month later I am once again receiving an email saying the second monthly payment failed and my subscription will end soon.

I wonder what is wrong with Adobe's payment system?

• 3. Re: Problems with credit card
            Rajashree Bhattacharya Adobe Employee

Hi All,

Welcome to Adobe Forum,

My apologies for the inconvenience, please inbox me the order number & the E-mail ID associated, I will get that investigated for you & update you all accordingly.

Regards,

Rajshree

• 4. Re: Problems with credit card

Hi All,

I have responded to the private messages sent to me.

Regards,

Rajshree

• 5. Re: Problems with credit card
                cnaddy Level 1

So, just an update for anyone who has similar issues. Adobe told me that the bank was refusing the transaction. I contacted my bank and they said that they are refusing the payment because the wrong zipcode is being submitted. The zip code the bank is receiving from Adobe is 78744-3759. Which isn't even the zip code I have on file with Adobe. The zip code should be 78758.

Additionally, my bank only accepts the first 5 digits. Any additional digits cause the transaction to fail. Which is unfortunate because currently Adobe has my zip code as 78758-6194. Though that doesn't matter at the moment since they aren't even transmitting the zip code they have on file.

1 person found this helpful
                • 6. Re: Problems with credit card

Hi Cnaddy,

Thank you so much for your information, I will surely pass on this information top the concerned department.

Regards,

Rajshree

• 7. Re: Problems with credit card

Hi Cnaddy,

I am working for the issue of your Zip Code. I will update you.

Regards,

Rajshree

• 8. Re: Problems with credit card

Hi Lehik,

The ZIP code is correct in our systems too, I have privateley messaged you an link, please re- update the credit card information.

I will follow up the case for you.

Regards,

Rajshree

• 9. Re: Problems with credit card
                        cnaddy Level 1

I haven't recieved a new private message so I just went ahead and re-updated the card information in my account. I also tried to change the zip code to only include 5 digits. I did this twice. The system keeps adding the additional 4-digits even though I tell it to use the address that only include 78758. I tried this twice.

Additionally, I had tried my husband's card over the weekend but since it uses the same bank it didn't seem to go through either.

I now have 3 $1 tests listed as pending on my bank account.

• 10. Re: Problems with credit card

Hi Cnaddy,

I have sent a link to update the card details now, once done please inform me, I was working on your case. The Zip has been corrected, it needs to be tested now.

Please update the card details now.

Regards,

Rajshree

• 11. Re: Problems with credit card

Hi Cnaddy & Lehik

I have updated the card details with change of Zip code & escalated to retrigger the payment, I will update you accordingly.

Regards,

Rajshree

• 12. Re: Problems with credit card
                              cnaddy Level 1

The saga continues. Despite having had multiple people check that my information is correct in their system, payment still fails. I called my bank once again. The $1 debit authorizations are being sent with the correct zip code and are being accepted but the wrong zip code is still being submitted with the actual payment. This time it was 98104. Alas, this is not even close to me but I would like to point out that Adobe has an office IN that zip code. So perhaps someone left the field blank thinking there couldn't be an issue if there was no zip code, only to be foiled by the computer system auto populating it when they submitted it. Working theory.... One way or another, there's obviously a bug somewhere in Adobe's system.

• 13. Re: Problems with credit card

Hi Christina,

I have re escalated the case for investigation.

Regards,

Rajshree

• 14. Re: Problems with credit card
                                  Lehik Level 1

My bank told me that the error is "CVV missing" which means that the payment "message" to the bank is errorneous and the payment cannot be verified.

• 15. Re: Problems with credit card

Hi Lehik,

I am sorry for the late response, I am following up the case & shall update you.

Regards,

Rajshree

• 16. Re: Problems with credit card
                                      cnaddy Level 1

Well, I haven't heard anything since last Thursday, so I'm guessing they are still working on the problem. I have 9 days left before my programs lock up and I just randomly checked my account information and for some reason my billing address has reverted to one of my old addresses where I haven't lived since August. Yet, I never made such a change. The question is, should I try to change it, or wait until I hear something?

• 17. Re: Problems with credit card
                                        zenoform

I'm having the same issue, but I have been charged for "verification" 8 times, and now they have triple billed my monthly memebrship. Isn't this supposed to be automated?

I have had 3 service calls where they assure me they will reverse the chages, and they close the support ticket, and so far nothing... so I have to keep opening support tickets to ask them WTF?! - to which I get the standard, I'll check, the charges will be refunded, and close the ticket.

• 18. Re: Problems with credit card

Hi Cnaddy,

I have not disappeared, the reason I have not responded to the previous post as I am too awaiting the confirmation from engineering Team, I have had extensive discussion regarding you & one more User Lehik's of CC facing almost the same issue.

Regarding the cancellation fee, Once you place the order, you just need to contact Adobe or let us know about the new order number, it can be waived off as exception, since the payment is being delayed.

Hope you apprehend my limitations as I am concerned in assisting you all & would continue to do so.

Regards,

Rajshree

• 19. Re: Problems with credit card

Hi Zenoform,

Welcome to Adobe Forum,

The payment was succesfully done on March 21st 2014. Regarding the 1$ charge,

Why do I have a $1 charge from Adobe on my statement?

These transactions help Adobe confirm that the credit card used is valid and not reported as lost or stolen. The transaction isn't charged to your account, and once your credit card company verifies it, Adobe removes the charge.

This is mentioned in http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/adobe-stores-online-order-payment-faq.ht ml

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Rajshree

• 20. Re: Problems with credit card
                                              zenoform Level 1

There have been 8 seperate charges for "verification" so far, and none of them have been removed. I would understand $1 charge that was then removed, but repeated charges that stay there for more than a week... it's disturbing.

I have been billed 3 times for March's membership (one of them, I understand and have paid for my subscription) to creative cloud as well... So... the extra 99.98 was for ________????

This has happened before... is it an on-going issue with your billing system?

• 21. Re: Problems with credit card
                                                pannazuzanna

Hi,
                                                I have a student subscription for Creative Cloud for 5 months now. Today I received a message from my bank, that my attempt to make a payment has failed.

I've checked my account to find any problems, and everything with my card should be fine.

Could you please try to collect the money from my account again?
                                                I really wouldn't want to cause any trouble with my subscription.

Thank you very much for your help!

Zuzanna

• 22. Re: Problems with credit card
                                                  James McKee Ford Level 1

I am having the same problem and just posted the summary.  I have tried Chat (NO Help), Phone calls (no Help), Now my monthly Creative Cloud Account is cancelled and I do not know the problem - want to pay but cannot!  I think the problem is that Adobe is using Call Centers and the person knows the general answers but does not have access to Accounts to see what is the problem.  Jim McKee

• 23. Re: Problems with credit card
                                                    James McKee Ford Level 1

I have the same problem, except my account has now been cancelled.  I live in Costa Rica and my zip is 50309.   Maybe Accounting is inserting numbers or omitting numbers in my ZIP and my bank is rejecting it.  ?????  Please help.  I need to resolve this so I can get back to work.  I want to pay my membership and have tried to pay it for over 2 weeks!

• 24. Re: Problems with credit card

Hi Zenoform,

In the month of October 2013, there was double charge, one of which was refunded to you.

In the month of March 2014, there is only charge of 49.99$ since you chaged the credit card. You have not been charged more than once in March 2014.

Regards,

Rajshree

• 25. Re: Problems with credit card
                                                        Lehik Level 1

I wonder what's going on with the system? In my case, the payment hasn't still been done and I have only 5 days left in my subscription. Well, if the problem doesn't get solved, I'll let it expire and start a new subscription, as the first payment has always worked.

Personally I'm fine with paying only every second month (1 month start, next month before expire), even though I would happily pay for the service every month, if the payment system worked.

• 26. Re: Problems with credit card
                                                          James McKee Ford Level 1

My, subscription has expired and I am in a 30 day trial period that has 10 days left on it.  Previous to this I made my initial purchase and then Digital River took the Feb. payment correctly.  The march payment was due Mar 11, and they never took it.  I hade changed my credit card on file 3 times and they still have not taken the payment.  I have tried the Forum many times, tried calling England and Luxenburg. Have had a few replies on the Forum asking for more information, that I have supplied - but no solution and no other response.  I too want to pay but I canot find anyone that can tell me where or what is the problem.   Do you know if the "Purchase" of a new subscription works and do you have to re-download all the programs again????

• 27. Re: Problems with credit card
                                                            Lehik Level 1

When the subscription expires, it first goes to the 30-day trial mode. If you have any files in CC cloud service, they should remain intact. I think I was on the 3rd day of the trial when I decided to give a try to buy new subscription. As I wrote earlier, the payment system worked in that case and all I had to do was to login again in the CC software. No re-installation or any other hassle.

• 28. Re: Problems with credit card
                                                              James McKee Ford Level 1

Thanks Lehik, I will give that a try.  Its incredible that they cannot figure out this problem.  They should at least give us an option to pay the monthly payment directly in the same manner that we do the original signup.  Think I will wait until the 3rd of this month and buy a subscription.

Jim

• 29. Re: Problems with credit card
                                                                O.B.Beukema

This is a discouraging thread. But helpful.   Frustrating, similar experiences, here.

I tried to purchase CS6 perpetual license about 10 days ago.  Three days of problems even though multiple test "Pending" charges of $ 1.00 successfully went through. Two different credit cards and two different US banks.   I then spoke to Adobe Customer Service  three days after order placed and asked to have the transaction cancelled.  But the original charge THEN went through successfully, following my call to cancel it.  I should have let it go at that; got product, got a serial number. Except it's $699 with an unsure product lifespan. 

I re-evaluated the Cloud Special of $9.99/month for PS and LR.  Foolish me, I tried to purchase this online on 3/30.  Hit "purchase" and a pop-up window announced that transaction would need time to process. As of afternoon of 4/1, EDT, NOTHING. So, I call customer service, am connected to Billing who tells me the charge didn't go through and avows that the problem might be with Adobe.  Says he'll escalate it.  Waiting to hear. I spoke to my credit card company--who have zero issues with me and vice versa--credit card company sees original $1 probe from 3/30 and no follow-up transactions.  DOES IT SEEM NIGH IMPOSSIBLE TO DO BUSINESS WITH ADOBE?

Now, I am really torn.  $699 outlay for stand alone CS6 that will never need to be cloud-verified but may not run on future OS, or $10/month for PS CC with no sense of assuredness that next month I won't be getting one of those termination emails from Adobe, or multiple charges.  Very tempting to simply stay with stand alone Lightroom and NIK for now and watch what happens to CS6 and CC.

Thanks for listening,

Brad

• 30. Re: Problems with credit card
                                                                  James McKee Ford Level 1

For several years I worked with the old Dreamweaver 8, then got a tril version of CS-6 and liked it.  Then when I went to get it, I could only find Dreamwearver CC. I tried it and even though they eliminated lots of features that were good, if you watched enough videos the capability was mostly there.  I also brought in Muse and found that (after learning it) there were many websites that could be done with Muse and then tweeked with Dreamweaver CC.  Two months went by ok, then the popups began and I have spent over 4 hours attempting to pay.... but cannot and have given up on it.  I plan to just buy another subscription before my trial expires.

• 31. Re: Problems with credit card
                                                                    cnaddy Level 1

It's been a while since I updated due to taking some vacation time.

On the Friday the 21st I had revieved an email telling me my subscription was going to expire due to payment failing to go through. I responded explaining the situation and pointing them to this thread.

On Monday the 24th I finally contacted customer support through chat to see if they could try again. They updated all my information and informed me that the problem was fixed and payment would occur sometime in the next 24 hours. I tried to explained that all of this had been tried before and that there was a chance it still wouldn't work. They assured me the problem was fixed again. When I asked if there was anything I should do if payment didn't occur I was told to tell my bank not to refuse payments to Adobe. I asked my bank if that was possible and they informed me that due to the incorrect zipcode the payment was being caught by their fraud protection systems and they couldn't disable that for one transaction.

The payment never went through. Oddly, when I phoned the bank later in the week they couldn't find any record of an attempt, although I wasn't sure the guy knew what I was actually asking for so I'll probably try again in the near future.

Also, my address has reverted back to my old address again. I'm just going to assume that it's an indication that someone is quietly working on the problem behind the scenes and I won't take any more action unless asked directly.

• 32. Re: Problems with credit card
                                                                      cnaddy Level 1

I have been receiving emails from an Amit Gupta, who I have informed of the issues. He keeps insisting that there is something wrong with my card and I keep telling him that the bank says there is not, that Adobe is sending the wrong zipcode. On the bright side, the recent rejected zipcodes are from the address that my account randomly reverts to. On the downside, I can not get the computer system to not add the extra 4 digits to my zipcode even when I explicitly tell it not to.

What I don't understand is why I must repeatedly update my information as if there is something wrong with what I have typed. How will this time be any different than the many times I have done so in the past?

I do, hopefully, have a solution. I have ordered a Google Wallet card and I am waiting to receive it to test if it will work for me. I got the idea when my bank recommended trying a prepaid card. I the google card doesn't work I may try ordering a prepaid Visa card.

• 33. Re: Problems with credit card
                                                                        James McKee Ford Level 1

After repeated attempts to resolve the zip code problem via Adobe support over "chat", "Forums", and long waits for telephone assistance, changing my "on-file" credit card multiple times, I gave up and let my account go into trial period (no other option).  A few days before the trial expired, I purchased another subscription to Creative cloud.  Everything works normal.  My previous files are still there, My downloaded programs are no longer in the "trial Period".  We shall see what happens next month. If they have not fixed the problem then I will do the same again. Its the only solution I can find.

• 34. Re: Problems with credit card
                                                                          marias44001794

Καταγραφή56.JPG

PLEAAASE HELP

This happens when i go to update my payment details. All the informations are right, postal code is right and i don't know where the is the problem.

• 35. Re: Problems with credit card
                                                                            marias44001794 Level 1

Καταγραφή56.JPG

PLEAAASE HELP

This happens when i go to update my payment details. All the informations are right, postal code is right and i don't know where the is the problem.