5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2014 8:13 PM by J. Simon RSS

Can sequences be used for multicam?

I'd be grateful for an answer to this question...

I have four sequences, not clips, that I'd love to be able to use in a multicam sequence, by using a marker that I've put in each one (the marker is named "Simon.")

When I highlight the four sequences in the Project tab and right-click, then go to "Create Multicam Source Sequence," the "Clip Marker" choice is grayed out.

So I suspect the answer to my question is "no."  And yet it seems so tantalizingly close to the "clip" methodology that I want it to be possible.

[Why do I want to use sequences rather than clips?  Because this is a four-camera shoot of a song by a band, and some of the cameras start and stop during the song, which means that Camera A, for example, has multiple clips for this song that I've put together in their own synchronized sequence.  I'd love to use timecode, but two of the cams were not jam-synced.  Yes, it's complicated.]

Sorry if this has been covered, but I've searched high and low for an answer here and elsewhere and haven't found it.

I'm using Premiere Pro CC, latest version, on a Macbook Pro,

Processor  2.53 GHz Intel Core i5,

Memory  4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256 MB

Software  OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)