4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2014 2:06 PM by Szalam

After Effects Crash Problem With Program?

LOLOLOLOLOLO

Hi Adobe Staff. I have a problem with Adobe After Effects. The Program always Crashes. Is there a way to fix this problem. so the program does no longer crash. when I use the program. If you guys can help me I would greatly appriciate it. Thank You.

Thank You,

Nicholas Ricci  

• 1. Re: After Effects Crash Problem With Program?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You have not provided any system information or other details like the crash log, so nobody can know what is going on.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: After Effects Crash Problem With Program?
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

LOLOLOLOLOLO wrote:

Hi Adobe Staff. I have a problem with Adobe After Effects. The Program always Crashes. Is there a way to fix this problem. so the program does no longer crash. when I use the program.

This is a user-to-user forum and not a place to contact Adobe staff. There are official tech support channels on the Adobe website if you need to contact Adobe.

If you want help from these forums, we will need to know a lot more information to help you. The program does not crash all the time for everyone, so this is not an issue we can help you wiht without knowing more about your problem.

We need to know what sort of error messages you are seeing.

We need to know what you are doing when it crashes.

We need to know exactly what version number of After Effects you are using. And I don't mean "CS6". Is it 12.2.1? Is it 10.5.1? Is it 9.0.3?

We need to know what version of what operating system you are using. Is it Windows 8.1? Windows XP?

We need to know all of the information mentioned here.

• 3. Re: After Effects Crash Problem With Program?
              LOLOLOLOLOLO Level 1

Hi Szalam. My name is Nicholas Ricci. I understand you need more info on what version of Adobe After Effects I am using and what operating system I am using. The version of Adobe After Effects I am using is Adobe After Effects CC version 12.2.0. And the operating system I am using is Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.

I hope this is enough info for you to help me with my problem in Adobe After Effects. Also when I start Adobe After Effects the program Comes up with a message that says this Ray Tracing on the GPU requires an approved Nvidia Graphics Card and Cuda 5.0 or later. If you can please reply back with help on this matter. I would greatly appriciate it. Thank You. 

Thank You,

Nicholas Ricci 

• 4. Re: After Effects Crash Problem With Program?
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The latest version of After Effects CC is 12.2.1 - you are missing an update. I would recommend installing the latest version.

LOLOLOLOLOLO wrote:

When I start Adobe After Effects the program Comes up with a message that says this Ray Tracing on the GPU requires an approved Nvidia Graphics Card and Cuda 5.0 or later.

This error message only really matters if you use the ray-traced renderer. Do you use it? Most people do not use it anymore. It was a way for After Effects to have 3d before they started including Cinema 4D. If you do not use the ray-traced renderer, you can click the button that says for this message to not pop up anymore. It does not matter. Make sure that in the advanced settings for your compositions you are using the standard renderer.

If you do use AE's ray-traced renderer, this message is letting you know that your existing graphics card is not going to work to accelerate the ray traced renderer. This just means that it is going to be very slow. Unless you have some ray-traced 3d effect happening in your scene, make sure your compositions are using the standard renderer.

Is this error message the only thing that is happening when you say it crashes? If so, that is not a crash. A crash is something that stops the program from working or sometimes closes the program entirely. This is just an alert message.