1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 7, 2014 10:41 AM by Genevieve Laroche

Poor use of apps/roaming in FC operation

Godsbod

Everytime I log into AFC, the programme takes the zip files from my programme files location and replicates them in total to my apps/roaming/ file area, effectively doubling the amount of disk space used and inflating my profile size unnecessarily. How can this be stopped by either myself as an end user, or by myself as an administrator.

It would have been better software programming practise to use my already declared language preferences to only load the language I can read and use rather than giving me the whole of set of choices that were originally smote upon man at Babylon.

So is there a fix for this?

• 1. Re: Poor use of apps/roaming in FC operation
          Genevieve Laroche Adobe Employee

There is a good reason why the files are being save there, I'll spare you the details but it mostly have to do with the monthly updates that we push to FormsCentral (independently of Acrobat updates).

What I would suggest you is to use the http://formscentral.acrobat.com/app.html (online version of the app) instead of using the desktop app which come with Acrobat XI. Note that FormsCentral for Acrobat allows you to created unlimited PDF forms the online version will require you to have a FormsCentral subscription to generate unlimitted PDF forms.

Gen