9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2014 2:08 PM by A.T. Romano

12.1 release notes?

DoomTrooper52

I just received a 12.1 update...can someone please provide me a link to the release notes for this update?  Surely such a site exists?

• 1. Re: 12.1 release notes?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't know what you received, but the updates site does NOT show a Premiere Elements 12.1 update

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=101&platform=Windows

Well, http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1422786?tstart=0 says there is an update, but it is not yet shown on Adobe's update site

• 2. Re: 12.1 release notes?
            AdobeAlexS

I just updated to 12.1 via automatic update.

This is a joke. Two simulatious releases (photoshop elements/premiere elements) without any documentation to go with it (i.e. what has been fixed). If there is documentation it's so hidden nobody can find it. Basic stuff.... fail! And yes the updates should be manually downloadable as well.... fail again!

@John I suggest you read the very first post of that forum thread you gave a link to (no mention of update site there, it talks about automatic updates).

• 3. Re: 12.1 release notes?
              DoomTrooper52 Level 1

When I downloaded the update I was too quick to see if there was any update description in the dialog box.  I always like to see release notes on my software updates, and it's pretty disappointing to not be able to easliy find them for Adobe products.  Just seems so basic.  In 2014.

• 4. Re: 12.1 release notes?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

DommTrooper52

This is probably all you will get to see, but I will post if supplemental information becomes available.

PE12Upgrade.JPG

Once installed, "12.1" markings will appear in the program at certain locations, example, Help Menu/About....

A 12.1 Update was applied to Photoshop Elements 12 and Elements Organizer 12 as well. The explanation given for the update for these two are the same as given for Premiere Elements 12/12.1.

ATR

• 5. Re: 12.1 release notes?
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>@John I suggest you read the very first post of that forum thread you gave a link to (no mention of update site there, it talks about automatic updates)

THIS message starter asked about release notes, so I went to the manual updates page, which is where you may click on any update to go to the page where there usually IS a description

Such as clicking the 9.0.1 link DOES go to a page with update notes

• 6. Re: 12.1 release notes?
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

So far, I cannot find any update notes for PrE 12.1.

Historically, for other Adobe programs, there is often a post to the appropriate product forum, and maybe even a blog post by an Adobe engineer, just before the Auto Update is released. Then, it has historically taken a week, or two, before the engineers are able to "wrap" the installer into a downloadable file.

I cannot find anything from Adobe, for the PrE Update.

We do not have that much active participation by the Adobe PrE team here, but I hope that one will stop by, and update US on the 12.1 Update in full, with release notes on all things covered, or changed.

Good luck to us all,

Hunt

• 7. Re: 12.1 release notes?
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

I am trying another course, to attempt to get some sort of release notes, and will post, should I learn anything.

Hunt

• 8. Re: 12.1 release notes?
                        DoomTrooper52 Level 1

Thanks A.T.

• 9. Re: 12.1 release notes?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

DoomTrooper52

Apparently MVP Barbara Brundage has drawn some information from Bob Gager (reported head of PSE Team) on the 12.1 Update for Photoshop Elements 12 Elements Organizer 12. Since the Elements Organizer 12 that comes with Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 are the same, this is a help to us Premiere Elements 12 to 12.1 people here.

In that thread we can find information from Barbara Brundage (MVP). She reports that

Bob Gager (head of the PSE team) says:

Primarily performance and stability fixes related to the Revel (Mobile

Albums) integration. A specific example is that in 12.0, if you connected

to a revel account that had lots of photos, it took a long time before the

first photo showed up in the Organizer. That now starts happening right

away.

We also fixed a bug with the pressure sensitivty sensor in the N-Trig pens

that are included with the new Sony Laptops that we are now bundled with.

And another user reported

This update has finally resolved the constant crashes on my iMac.

but where, Editor or Elements Organizer?

The above was excerpted from today's Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum thread whose link is

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6189740#6189740

I would hope that this is not all there is, especially on the Premiere Elements 12 side of things

related to "stability and performance". We will be looking for gains in installation, signing in, and

somethings other than Revel.

ATR