1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 7, 2014 12:29 PM by BenFrey2013

Text cursor placement problems

BenFrey2013 Level 1

I have noticed an issue with the text cursor in ID 9 since upgrading, but never gotten around to asking about it to see if I was alone, crazy, or worse.

Specifically, when I click inside a text frame, at least half of the time, the cursor goes one character before the place I wanted it to go. So if I click inside a text box with the intention of adding a comma after a word, I usually end up clicking right before the last letter of the word. Or at least InDesign puts the cursor there.

I have been using InDesign since CS1, and I've never had trouble with this in the past. I am using the same mouse that I used in CS5 through CS6, and have experienced this on two different Macs (one on 10.7, one on 10.9). No trouble with Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Word, various browsers, or any other apps as far as I can tell. It's like InDesign 9 just redefined something.

When I go out of my way to try and make this happen on purpose, it doesn't happen. But I use ID probably 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, and have for the last decade, so I can tell that something is just not quite right when I start having to click three times to get the cursor to land where I expect it to.

I have looked around online and found no other comments about this, so I'm wondering if something recently broke in my brain, or if everyone is just suffering through this new annoyance, wondering if they are going crazy, too.