4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2014 8:58 AM by ^^^%%%

premier elements 11

^^^%%%

i need to load scenes from a 2 hour clip onto the timeline, then edit those scenes into a new clip.  i want to avoid loading the entire 2 hour clip onto the timeline

• 1. Re: premier elements 11
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

One method, and one often used by professional editors, is to Import the Clip, allow any Audio Conforming to complete 100%, then Dbl-click on that Clip in the Assets Panel. That will Open that Clip into the Source Monitor, where one can use In & Out Points to Trim from that Clip. One can do that for many segments of that same 2 hour Clip. When the first segment has been set with its In & Out Points, one can drag that segment to the Timeline. Then, the In & Out Points can be reset, and THAT segment can be dragged to the Timeline. While those are Instances of that original Clip, only the data between the In & Out Points will appear on the Timeline.

Some folk like to drag the full Clip to the Timeline, then Razor/Scissor it apart, Deleting and Closing Gap, for the parts that are not wanted, but most professional editors use the Source Monitor and the In & Out Points to create Instances of just the material that they need.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: premier elements 11
            A.T. Romano Level 7

^^^

Please check out my blog post "Project Assets Organization for Scene and Highlight Grabs from Collection of Video Files".

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/06/pe11-project-assets-organization-for.html

I worked through the described scenario for another Premiere Elements user back in June 2013, and it worked well for him.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: premier elements 11
              ^^^%%% Level 1

A quick review of the blogspot seemed to have the answer.  I will let you know in more detail next week

When I get back to my video editing.

Thanks in advance

Reid chapman

• 4. Re: premier elements 11
                ^^^%%% Level 1

I will give it a try, thanks bill

Reid chapman