3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2014 7:21 PM by heathrowe

How do you upload Edge Animate on Adobe CDN?

TStanwood Level 1

How do you upload Edge Animate on Adobe CDN?

• 1. Re: How do you upload Edge Animate on Adobe CDN?
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

Please explain your question, further?

CDN = Content Delivery Netwrok and refers to the resource pool from which a vendor has made available scripts and style sheets.

Darrell

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How do you upload Edge Animate on Adobe CDN?
            TStanwood Level 1

Hi Darrell,

I'm using an exciting new software package called www.webflow.com and I asked the following question in a forum:

Hi,

How would you add this Edge Animate to Webflow? Is it possible?http://html.adobe.com/edge/animate/showcase/interactive-marquee/11

The files are available here: http://html.adobe.com/edge/animate/showcase.html6

Edge Animate gives you a few different option for publishing:

The drop down that you see in the image next to "Chrome Frame Installer" has three options:

1. Now Prompt
            2. iFrame Prompt
            3. Overlay Prompt

These are the files saved when only "Publish content as static HTML" is checked. See "Publish Settings" image:

Is it possible to add this animation to a Webflow site?

If yes, any suggestions on how would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's Sergie's reply:

Hi @TStanwood, it's possible, but the only way to do it is if you host your files on Adobe CDN or if you host it on your own server and then display an iframe with the index file in Webflow.

That's the way to do it before we allow for hosting of non-image files on Webflow.

After you have them hosted on your own server you can follow these instructions found on the Adobe forums:http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1166851

You'll have to add this to your head code:

<!--Adobe Edge Runtime--> 

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/chrome-frame/1/CFInstall.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="Bannerad_edgePreload.js"></script>

<style>

.edgeLoad-EDGE-160548878 { visibility:hidden; }

</style>

<!--Adobe Edge Runtime End--> 

Replace Bannerad_edgePreload.js with the link to your server and the edge js file.

And in the Webflow add a div block with the class EDGE-160548878 and id stage and the .js file should inject your html animation file into this div block.

<div id="Stage" class="EDGE-160548878"> 

</div> 

-------------------------------------------

I don't have a server to upload the files to. I really don't even know what any of this means.

I'm wondering how and where I can upload the Edge Animate files to and then link to it by following the instructions above.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

• 3. Re: How do you upload Edge Animate on Adobe CDN?
              heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

I am not familiar with Webflow, but at quick glance doesn't it provide webspace? To house the files.

Sounds like you have an incredibly limited 'package plan', and very little control over what you can do there.

Darrell

1 person found this helpful