7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2014 1:21 PM by Chris Cox

Ps CC Crashing on Mac OS X 10.9.2

pan handle

There were no results for using Photoshop cc, unfortunately it's continually crashing. Lost count of the sheer number of crash reports I've sent!! I would say largest percentage of crashes happens when I'm using the crop tool. All my plugins are up to date, I've uninstalled and then reinstalled Photoshop CC to no avail. Running on iMac with OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)

regards

Craig

[Title was edited for clarity - Hunt]

• 1. Re: help req'd
          Curt Y Level 7

Tip for new poster.  Make a tile that briefly describes problem.  All inquireies are help.  Responders will look at title and see if they can help.

Crashing is usually from 3rd party fonts or plugins, or drivers for video card, printer, scanner and camera.

There are also a number of crashes with the mac OS.

Since we are just users here we see only what is posted.  At a minimium clip and paste the first part of crash report with your specs and the part "thread xx crashed" and the text of that.

• 2. Re: help req'd
            pan handle Level 1

many thanks Curt for the promt responce, is this what you mean

Screen Shot 2014-03-08 at 18.09.45.png

regards

Craig

• 3. Re: Ps CC Crashing on Mac OS X 10.9.2
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Craig,

I have Edited your post's title to more accurately reflect the problem with program crashes, per Curt's suggestion.

If I missed something important, in that Edit, please let me know, and I will make corrections.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: help req'd
                Level 7

Without seeing the rest of the report, we can't know for sure.

But we are tracking quite a few heap corruption bugs in MacOS 10.9.2.

(and trying to get them reported to Apple, once we find the patterns)

One thing you might try: disable the "Use OpenCL" checkbox in Photoshop's advanced GPU settings, then restart the app.

• 5. Re: help req'd
                  pan handle Level 1

Gentlemen really appreciate your assistance in this matter, than you very much.

Chris i'll do the crash report next time Ps CC crashes, sadly it doesn't take long!!!!

done as you suggested

regards

craig

• 6. Re: help req'd
                    pan handle Level 1

"One thing you might try: disable the "Use OpenCL" checkbox in Photoshop's advanced GPU settings, then restart the app."

Chris many many thanks for the above advice, Ps CC is going great, haven't had one single crash since doing the above.

really can't thank you enough!!!!!!!!

kind regards

Craig

• 7. Re: help req'd
                      Level 7

OK, so you're probably seeing the heap corruption due to the AMD OpenCL driver bug.