6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2014 7:54 AM by aforetaste

Can't save any custom workspaces AE CS6? (recently upgraded to OSX 10.9 rMBP)

sean healy Level 1

Hello -

since transferring my CS6 across to my new laptop running 10.9 -

I can't save any custom workspaces... it's driving me crazy having to move everything around every time i restart AE.

- I arrange the workspace and save it as a custom name - this appears in the menu.

*However* - upon restart of AE - this custom name is no longer there, and the workspace is once again, an old workspace I had, with windows everywhere.

- I can reset STANDARD workspace - but even then - when I change to another workspace, then change back to STANDARD again, it reverts to the older, messsy version of standard workspace i had...

so there's some issue with saving for me....

- I checked 'get info' to see that my workspace related preferences in the library folder had read/write access and even changed that to everyone has access...

After doing this, I got this error below, when resetting STANDARD workspace, saving project, then switching to another workspace - and then switchng back to STANDARD...

it still brought up the messy workspace version, not my newer reset version, and gave this message:

"After Effectswarning: Error parsing properties list from file ".......Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/11.0/ModifiedWorkspaces/UserWorkspace11.xml"

(I"ve also repaired permissions with Disk Utility ( there were a lot needing repair, but none were explicitly adobe, and didn't solve problem on laptop reboot )

I've been trying to find a solution online, without success so far...

Any advice greatly appreciated...

(And I wonder what this problem might have wider ramifications for my version of AE? )

thanks!