10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2014 3:01 PM by LKProd

What graphics card to use for AE/PR upgrading to a third monitor (10bit) in addition to a GTX570?

LKProd

Hello Adobe Community,

I am currently upgrading my system for better color quality and an improved workflow with After effects and Premiere Pro CS6.

At the moment I work with:
      intel i7 3930k

Motherboard Asus P9X79 pro

16GB Ram (4x4) 1600Mhz

Nvidia GTX570

Samsung 830 SSD 128GB (OS, Adobe Suite and AE Disk Cache)

one 7200rpm HDD for other applications and for rendering

two 7200rpm HDDs for Videofiles

dual Monitor setup (normal LEDs 27")

power supply corsair 650W

Windows 7 64 Bit

Now I would like to start the Upgrade with an Eizo CX270 with 10bit ColorEdge.
      Therefore I think I will need an additional graphics card and a new power supply (1000W should more than suffice I guess?).

The question that arises is what graphics card to buy and how to set everything up to get a better performance in said applications.

For the resolution of the Eizo (2560 x 1440) and the 10 bit I thought of a Quadro 2000 maybe?

Is it possible to run both the GTX570 and the Quadro at the same time and combine their power for Premiere/AE? If not, which one should I select as main card in these applications (still both needed for three monitor support) and how do I get the best performance (I do a lot of warpstabilization and also rely on the Mercury Playback Engine)?

Besides that I plan to buy a 256 GB SSD (840 pro) solely for the AE disc cache and additional 32 GB 1600 Mhz RAM (4x8Gb).

The question about the graphics card really is my main issue, so I would be grateful if someone could help me with this!

Moreover, if some of my upgrading-plans are an absolute waste of money or do not bring a benefit for video editing on my system please tell me as I am not an expert.

Thanks in advance

Lorenz