6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2014 9:14 PM by rickscholz RSS

Photoshop CS3 re-activation

cainart

Hi my Photoshop CS3 serial # doesn't work and i was told to ask for help here.

Robin

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS3 re-activation
          Noel Carboni Community Member

Adobe Customer Support told you to ask other users for help getting your serial number to work?

That sounds a bit fishy.  It's not like any of us have access to the activation server database.

What's going wrong, specfically?  Perhaps they perceived that you have a basic system problem or something.

-Noel

• 2. Re: Photoshop CS3 re-activation
            almorris

I just got  the same crap from customer support - "can't help you, product is no longer supported - Go to adobe forum"

BTW  the CS person thought "buy CS6" was a helpful reply. Probably the only official reply since Adobe appear to have washed their hands of the product.

They don't appear to be able to fix their own problem by keeping the programme from asking for reactvation after they close the server.

• 3. Re: Photoshop CS3 re-activation
              R_Kelly Community Member

Maybe the Chat Now at the bottom of this page will yield better results.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html

• 4. Re: Photoshop CS3 re-activation
                Noel Carboni Community Member

While I understand your frustration, I still can't discern from you whether you're simply unable to activate your product, or it's repeatedly asking you to reactivate it, which ends up succeeding.

There is no way they should be sending you here for the former problem, where presumably you've used up all your activations.

If you have the latter problem, perhaps you could confirm just what's going wrong (and how it's going wrong)?

They have NOT "closed the server" for Photoshop CS3 as far as I know.

-Noel

• 5. Re: Photoshop CS3 re-activation
                  EricBakes Community Member

I, too, was told to come to the forums for activation help. We have a volume license that typically does not require activation. After recently restoring a dead computer, CS3 asked us to activate. However, activation failed each time. I called tech support, and they told me that the product was no longer supported, and that I should seek help in the forums. I couldn't believe it, but here I am with 1 day left on the 30-day "trial" with no good option other than to reformat my Mac...

• 6. Re: Photoshop CS3 re-activation
                    rickscholz

I had some issues after reloading CS3 on my computer... was unable to connect to the activation server. I tried turning off the firewall, and that fixed it and I was able to activate successfully.