4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2014 5:53 AM by MikeKPhoto

What The Heck is Going On?

MikeKPhoto Level 2

I am a CS6 Perpetual License user. Have never signed up for any CC product. So why would I have Creative Cloud.exe running on my PC (WIndow 7 x64)?

I have always suspected that one of the AAM updates was pushed out in error for us perpetual licence folks, and there must be some issues with the install logic, On top of that there is other stuff running like four copies of CEF helper running- never seen that before.

The only concious update I have made was this morning - update Premier Elements to 12.1. WIth that update I saw that AAM was updating. Crashed by the way, but now I see all this cloud stuff. Do we have a control issue here?

Can I safely delete all this junk

Mike

• 1. Re: What The Heck is Going On?
          Abhijit Kr. Adobe Employee

Hi MikeKPhoto,

If you are using Windows 7 and above and Mac OSX 10.7 above then it is absolutely fine to have Creative Cloud.exe as it is the Interface for the CC Product line up which also works as Licensing Tool and update manager. Please do not uninstall or delete any of the Creative Cloud files as it may cause the application to stop wprking.

Regards,

Abhijit

• 2. Re: What The Heck is Going On?
            MikeKPhoto Level 2

So did Adobe silently install this update without notification or the an option not to have this installed? Was not there two days ago. Where does Adobe come off making these changes that impact my system without my knowledge or consent?

• 3. Re: What The Heck is Going On?
              Abhijit Kr. Adobe Employee

Hi MikeKPhoto,

This update is not silent as it can only be installed with User intervention.

Regards,

Abhijit

• 4. Re: What The Heck is Going On?
                MikeKPhoto Level 2

That is not a true statement. Let me give you the example....

Open Premier Elements 12 - Help Updates - AAM fires up, the first message you see is an AAM update. As a user have no control, and there is no dialog letting me know what the change is all about. If I had known I would not have allowed the AAM update and waited for the patch to become available for manual download. So yes it is a silent install........

By the way, this new running software is consuming my system resources and has slowed down the boot process loading this into memory.

So I am not a happy camper!!!!!!!

MK