3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2014 7:38 PM by A.T. Romano

Cant' import MPEG2 in Premiere elements 12 since today !!

hay1700

my Sony DV Cam creates MPEG2 videos and i was able to use them in Premiere elements 12 but today it tells me I don't have the codec to read them !?

Any ideas ?

Thks

• 1. Re: Cant' import MPEG2 in Premiere elements 12 since today !!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

hay1700

What is giving you the message about the missing codec....Premiere Elements 12 when you use Add Media OR

Windows 8.1 when you go to use one of its players?

What are these MPEG2 files, MPEG2.mpg from HDV data capture firewire into Premiere Elements 12 Capture Window are something else?

Please excuse the question, but I do not want to take anything for granted...

a. Are you importing MPEG2.mpg files into Premiere Elements 12 via its Add Media/Files and Folders or are you doing HDV data capture

firewire into the Premiere Elements 12 Capture Window

b. What are you or the project setting as the project preset for this project? If you do not know, please see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio even if the fields are grayed out.

c. Is your MPEG2.mpg in a project and are you trying to import the project file (project.prel) into another project file (project.prel)? Or are you trying to import a MPEG2.mpg file into a project.

d. What happens to your issue if you start a new project?

Please review the above. We will watch for your result and, based on that, we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Cant' import MPEG2 in Premiere elements 12 since today !!
            hay1700 Level 1

In fact it's very strange because it was working before !

But let me answer your questions because I really need help here...

a) I'm importing via Add Media/Files

Capture.PNG

b) Projet DV/PAL, 25frames/sed, 720x576

Capture2.PNG

c) I've tried both

d) same problem

file details

Capture.PNG

• 3. Re: Cant' import MPEG2 in Premiere elements 12 since today !!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

hay1700

Are these the exact same files that were working (importing successfully into the program) previously? Or, is this another batch of MPEG2.mpg files.

For that matter, the gspot readout shows properties for a MPEG2.mpg file (Container, DVD VOB format). What did you use successfully before -  VOB from a DVD-VIDEO on DVD or the converted to MPEG2.mpg. What program did you use to get from VOB ot mpg? These are all assumptions. Please let me know if my assumptions are applicable.

Thanks.

ATR