4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2014 11:51 PM by LOLOLOLOLOLO

Question About Adobe After Effects CC Update For Version 12 Of Adobe After Effects CC?

LOLOLOLOLOLO

If I update Adobe After Effects CC Version 12 with the new update for Adobe After Effects CC Version 12. Will it fix both the program itself and the glich problem with the Ram Preview feature in the Program? Or is the problem with the Ram Preview feature of the Program Adobe After Effects CC Version 12 a whole seperate issue altogether?

• 1. Re: Question About Adobe After Effects CC Update For Version 12 Of Adobe After Effects CC?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Update from what? The latest update to CC has several bug fixes but your problem may be related to other things. I have no idea how the update will effect your system because I know nothing about your system or your projects. All I can say is that I'm happy with the latest build and it's working well for me with no production slowdowns related to the program.

• 2. Re: Question About Adobe After Effects CC Update For Version 12 Of Adobe After Effects CC?
            LOLOLOLOLOLO Level 1

Hi Rick Gerard. My Name is Nicholas Ricci. I understand You need to know the operating system I am using to know how the lastest update will effect me when it comes to the Program Adobe After Effects CC Version 12. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium as my operating system. And in Adobe After Effects I am doing projects with pictures from Adobe Photoshop and I am also adding Shapes to my animations in Adobe After Effects. Could What I am adding to my projects also have something to do with how Adobe After Effects functions as a program? Could Certain Things that I add To my Projects Slow Down Adobe After Effects and Prevent it from functioning properly?

• 3. Re: Question About Adobe After Effects CC Update For Version 12 Of Adobe After Effects CC?
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You should be on version 12.2.1.5

This update contains many bug fixes and system improvements.

Your system configuration, your memory and processor settings, third party codecs, source footage, size of your Photoshop files, can all slow down AE. If you have only the minimum ram, your disk cache is on a slow drive, your hard drive is nearly full or a bunch of other things then AE is going to be slow. If you properly configure your system for it's available resources, use properly encoded video and properly sized images AE responds very well. Because I know the limitations I can work almost as fast on my little Mac Mini that my kids use as I can on my fully loaded MacBook Pro R with 6 times the ram and a much faster processor with way more cores. My workflow is just a bit different, and my system configuration is way different. I preview at lower resolution on the Mac Mini, and I know what to expect.

It sounds like you are just starting with AE. The program requires you to study and learn how it works to develop a good workflow. Efficient workflow requires you to know how to prepare all of the assets for a project. Throwing a bunch of 16 megapixel images from a DSLR at After Effects to create a 720P project is a very inefficient way to work and AE will be much slower than if you properly prepare your images before you start your animation.

I still know very little about your projects or your system. Memory?, OS version, Kind of images from Photoshop, Size of the comps you typically create?, but I can, with some confidence tell you that running the update will help.

• 4. Re: Question About Adobe After Effects CC Update For Version 12 Of Adobe After Effects CC?
                LOLOLOLOLOLO Level 1

Hi Rick Gerard. I'll give the update A try and see if it works. Thank you for your help.

Thank You,

Nicholas Ricci