6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2014 8:15 PM by A.T. Romano

Elements Organizer 12 Error Saving Project in Adobe Premier Elements 12

Kirk Oswald

When I try to save a slide show project using Elements Organizer 12 in Adboe Premier Elements i get an "Error Saving Project" message and it will not let me save my project.  Can you help?

• 1. Re: Elements Organizer 12 Error Saving Project in Adobe Premier Elements 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Kirk Oswald

What is in the slideshow project and what is its duration?

Close the program and delete or disable the Elements Organizer 12 settings file named psa.prf.

Assuming that you are using Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, the path to the file is:

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in the Organizer Folder is the psa.prf file that you delete or disable (disable by renaming the file from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD).

Remember to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

Also, please update Premiere Elements 12 and its Elements Organizer 12 to 12.1 Update. See Help Menu/Update of program.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Elements Organizer 12 Error Saving Project in Adobe Premier Elements 12
            Kirk Oswald Level 1

Thank you fro the quick response. I was able to locate a file just named psa in the location you described.

I changed that to psa.prf.OLD it did not allow me to change it to psa.prfOLD.

I went back to Organizer and re opened the program.  Still having the error

• 3. Re: Elements Organizer 12 Error Saving Project in Adobe Premier Elements 12
              Kirk Oswald Level 1

I noticed you asked me to upgrade to 12.1.  I also just upgraded to 12.1 and changed the psa file to psa.prfOLD.

Hard rebooted PC. Relaunched organizer 12.  Unfortunately still getting error

• 4. Re: Elements Organizer 12 Error Saving Project in Adobe Premier Elements 12
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Kirk Oswald

Let us re-focus for the moment to the slideshow itself. What is it made of? Photos (how many, what pixel dimensions); videos (duration, how many, format)?

Please confirm that all you are doing is creating an Elements Organizer 12 slideshow in its SlideShow Edit and, when you click "Save Project" (top right of SlideShow Editor), you get this "Error Saving Project" message.

Have you tried creating a mini test run slideshow, and have you gotten the same result?

What happens if, in the SlideShow Editor, you select Output/Save As A File Movie .WMV, do get saving or any other errors this way?

Thanks for the follow up. We will be watching for further developments.

ATR

Add On...We might consider creating a new catelog, but we will leave that for as indicated as we progress through the troubleshooting steps.

• 5. Re: Elements Organizer 12 Error Saving Project in Adobe Premier Elements 12
                  Kirk Oswald Level 1

The slide show I am working on has about 150 pictures.  I did try a new slide show with just 2 pictures and I am getting the same "Error Saving Project".

I can output and save as a file movie.wmv file but I do want to be able to save the slide show project for future editing.

Thanks for your continied help in trying to solve this issue

• 6. Re: Elements Organizer 12 Error Saving Project in Adobe Premier Elements 12
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Kirk Oswald

Thanks for the updates.

Just a point of clarification. Did you ever disable the psa.prf file by renaming it to psa.prfOLD? It sounded like you could not. If that was the case, was there any message associated with the program not wanting to follow you directive? Was it a saving matter or did you get a pop up about permissions? If a permissions one, did it give you an option for Continue? If so, did you click on Continue?

1. Let us try to get the psa.prf deleted or disabled if possible.

2. Then create a new catalog. See Elements Organizer 12, File Menu/Manage Catalogs/Catalog Manager,

Let us see if we can rule in or out the two above.

Besides the problem with the Save Project in the Slideshow Editor, are you seeing that problem anywhere else? (I know that you said you do not have a problem with the Output option Save As A File Movie WMV.

ATR