7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2014 8:44 AM by A.T. Romano

PE9: Crash when starting to produce blue ray

paletti999 Level 1

Hi!

My PE9 crashes, when I try to produce a blue ray disc: When selecting "disc", no problems with DVD. When I click on "Blue rays", PElements crashes with the comment: "Engine for disc burning could not be initialized".

It used to work previously (I did it last a couple of months ago).

Latest Blue ray firm ware is installed, latest Windows 7 (home premium) installed.

Any idea, which could help me?
      Thanks!

• 1. Re: PE9: Crash when starting to produce blue ray
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Is that the "base" version 9 or have you updated to 9.0.1?

Premiere Elements Updates http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=101&platform=Windows

• 2. Re: PE9: Crash when starting to produce blue ray
            A.T. Romano Level 7

paletti999

Please delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file found in the following path in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, delete the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited. Be careful not to detour off the folder path given to get to the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

Since this is a "it worked before but not now" issue, I am assuming that you are working from the 9.0.1 Update version for Premiere Elements 9.

How long ago did you update the burner firmware? Is the timing such that the update could be the cause of the current burn to Blu-ray issue?

If the above does not resolve the issue, then please consider

a. Deactivate the program from the opened project via Help Menu/Deactivate

b. Then Uninstall, the usual Control Panel way

c. Then Run Through of ccleaner (regular and registry) to get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs and uninstalls.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

d. Reinstall the program with antivirus and firewalls turned Off.

Please review. If any questions or need clarification before you start, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: PE9: Crash when starting to produce blue ray
              paletti999 Level 1

Dear John,

Thanks for your quick reqply.

I have 9.01 installed.

Best regards

Matthias

• 4. Re: PE9: Crash when starting to produce blue ray
                paletti999 Level 1

Dear ATR,

thanks for your detailed reply!

It is 9.01 installed.

I checked the Player firmware and updated it after having the troubles with elements. It is an internal blue ray player (LG BH10LS30), which is properly working with other software.

I will go through your list of suggestions and let you, whether it solved the problems.

Best regards

Matthias

• 5. Re: PE9: Crash when starting to produce blue ray
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Matthias

Thanks for the follow up and looking at the suggested troubleshooting. We will be watching for your results.

Also, I have something that I would like you to consider if all else does not.

Go to the Device Manager/"DVD/CD-ROM Drives/ and the name of your burner/Driver Tab and Disable it. Then Enable it.

ATR

• 6. Re: PE9: Crash when starting to produce blue ray
                    paletti999 Level 1

Hi ATR!

I used the last days to try out all of the recommended issues. Unfortunately, the error stays the same, including before and after updating PE9.0 to PE9.1.

In the meantime, I additionally co-installed the tryout-version of Adobe PE 12: Surprisingly, with this version the error did not show up.
                    Although I do not really like this solution, I am now considering to purchase PE12.

Or are there any other options left?

thanks again!
                    Matthias

• 7. Re: PE9: Crash when starting to produce blue ray
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Matthias

A Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 idea...

Download and install new installation files....

You can get free Premiere Elements 9 tryout files from the following web site.

It is important that you read carefully the "Note: Very Important Instructions" at that web site and follow them to the word. Otherwise you will end up with an Access Denied message.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-9-premiere-elements-9-direct-download-links.h tml

During installation insert your purchased serial number.

After installation of Premiee Elements 9, then install the 9.0.1 Update.

We will be watching for further developments.

If you decide to go with Premiere Elements 12, please look at it as the 12.1 Update if you can apply it in the tryout. The 12.1 Update is installed only from a project's Help Menu/Update.

Thank you.

ATR