8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2014 9:48 PM by A.T. Romano

Screen Magnified in Video Editing program

frbarr

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 11. Before this happened the screen was fine and have edited two videos with this program and working on the third. While editing a video the screen magnified. The screen is 1920-x1080 on what i think is a 19inch screen. I cannot acces the program because parts of it are not on the screen and are not accessable. I did not understand what was going on at that time when it first happened, so I ended up rebooting the computer. When booting up the program the screen magnified, even the desktop while it was booting up the Premier program. The computer has the magnifier turned off. It is not in double screen mode. When i close the program down, after the window closes for the program, it takes about 20 seconds for the desktop to return to normal. While booting the program up and when closing the screen will go black for about 5 seconds and the screen will be changed either to magnification mode when booting up or back to normal when closing the program. It only happens with the Preimiere program, not the Photoshop, Organizer or any other program.

Any help would be great.

• 1. Re: Screen Magnified in Video Editing program
          A.T. Romano Level 7

frbarr

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on? If Mac, did you purchase it as Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor from the Mac App Store?

Please described your computer operating system and its resources.

Have you checked the display preferences for your computer monitor?

Any problems with your monitor and/or video card?

I am guessing that you have Premiere Elements 11 Mac, and you need to check out your display preferences and hardware.

Please review and then we can decide what next.

ATR

• 2. Re: Screen Magnified in Video Editing program
            nealeh Level 5

Change your screen display resolution, then change it back. That often works.

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 3. Re: Screen Magnified in Video Editing program
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

As Neale points out, it appears that the computer's screen resolution has been changed.

If on a PC (answers to ATR's questions will verify the OS that you are on), just Rt-click on an empty area of your Desktop, and choose Properties. There, go to the Settings tab, where you can adjust your screen resolution back to what you had.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Screen Magnified in Video Editing program
                A.T. Romano Level 7

frbarr

Since I suspect that you are a Premiere Elements Mac user, the Display settings (aka screen resolution) check out that I suggested originally might be found according to the following with Mac Display information settings.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-ways-manage-display-settings-mountain-lion/

However.....

When you talked about the computer Magnifier being turned on, were you referring to the following Windows feature

http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/mcmw/windows-7-and-8-magnifying-the-screen/

or the Mac counterpart included in the following

http://www.diversityrolemodels.org/accessibility/how-to-use-a-screen-magnifier.aspx

Please give all settings involved if feature offers settings beyond enabled/disabled.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Screen Magnified in Video Editing program
                  frbarr Level 1

This is a quick reply as I am not near my computer right now. I am

operating on windows 7. The computer was built for me. More for taking use,

but I really do not use it for that. The solid state C drive in only about

90 gig, but the D drive has a total of a terabyte. I have had problems with

all the programs wanting to be downloaded onto the C drive. For the most

part I have gotten the programs over to the D drive. I also have an

external hard drive I try to put all my files on. That is also a terabyte.

Most of the D drive is not used, but the C drive only has 15 gig left.

The magnifier is turned off. Someone mentioned to me about safe mode being

on?

Norton does not pick up any problems with the monitor or video card.

• 6. Re: Screen Magnified in Video Editing program
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

frbarr

Thanks for your reply. Very helpful.

When you get back to us with as much detail as possible, please include in that what drive you have Premiere Elements 11 installed to.

It works best on the Local Disk C. Also, where are you storing your video files and to where are you directing your program's Scratch Files. The latter can be found Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Files. There you will note several categories. What paths are shown for them? And at each of the save locations, how much free hard drive space is listed?

I am wondering if any of your drive situation and free hard drive considerations are at the core of all this.

We will offer screenshots if necessary to clarify points as we move along. Do you troubleshoot your computer yourself or do you have a computer shop that may have just serviced your computer?

More later.

ATR

• 7. Re: Screen Magnified in Video Editing program
                      frbarr Level 1

OK. I copied and pasted your initial response and typed in the answers with

them.

*On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

If Mac, did you purchase it as Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor from the

Mac App Store?*

Answer: Windows 7 I put the Premiere Elements 11 *on the D drive *due

to lack of space on the C drive. But it still has preferences to put the

picture and video file on the C drive which takes up more space. I tried to

select everything to go to the D drive, but that was after the magnifying

thing happened, which does not allow me to save the changes because that is

not on the screen. The scratch files are on the C drive.

C:\user...dobe\Premiere Elements\11.0\  I would really like to use the

larger D drive if possible.

Please described your computer operating system and its resources.

*Answer: *Windows 7 two hard drives 1) solid state C drive with a total

of 59.6GB. 42.9GB used up with 16.6 GB free space 2) D drive has a total

of 596GB. 78.5GB are used up with 517GB free space. I do have an external

hard drive one TB which I was trying to save all my files on. but will keep

the Elements stuff on the D drive to keep them in that same place.

Have you checked the display preferences for your computer monitor?

Answer: Yes. the Resolution is the recommended 1920 x 1080. Smaller- 100%

(default) is on the display in the control panel. The magnifier is not on.

Any problems with your monitor and/or video card?

Answer: I see nothing specific. But I ran it through Norton and found an

"inoperable Hardware devices" warning. The recommendation was: "You may

want to configure these hardware devices. Run Device Manager to properly

configure hardware devices" When I click on the "Fix Now" button it pulls

up the device manager, but I can't figure out how to work that.  It does

not say what device or anything about the nature of the problem other than

inoperable. Under devices and printers it says it is "working properly".

I hope this is what you were looing for. Let me know if I missed anything.

Please review and then we can decide what next.

• 8. Re: Screen Magnified in Video Editing program
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

frbarr

Thanks for the helpful further details.

It is approaching 1 am where I am so I will be calling it a day and check your thread in the morning.

Just one quick question...does your computer use any of the Windows High Contrast Themes?

If so, try changing the Theme to non High Contrast one

Control Panel

Appearance and Personalization

Change Theme

and select the Windows 7 Basic

Does that impact the issue at all?

More later.

ATR