26 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 3:12 AM by VDOSurfer

Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes

TheToxicGamer97

Hello, I just downloaded the trial for Premiere Elements 12. When I first open the program and click new project, the program opens then a window pops up that says "Please Log-In with an Admin account to access Adobe Premiere Elements"  I am the only user on the computer and always have been so I know I am using an Adminstrator account. As an alternative I tried opening the program as Administrator. This time when I click new project, the program opens, then just closes with no pop up.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

The main cause for PrE not launching properly is the video driver. While that is not the ONLY cause, we probably should get this out of the way early.

1. What OS version are you running PrE on?
          2. What is your GPU (card/chip), make and model?
          3. What is the number and date of the installed video driver?
          4. Is that the latest version on the nVidia, or AMD/ATI Web site?

Good luck, and that will give us a start.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Gamer

Could you clarify?

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 trial supposed to be running on?

Assuming that it is Windows, have you gone to Control Panel/User Account to assure that there is a thumbnail

there with Administrator labelling and you are working from it. Also, have you right clicked the Premiee Elements

12 desktop icon and selected Run As Administrator.

If you have not, please do so. Both Premiere Elements 12 and QuickTime require running from a User Account with

Administrative Privileges or Run As Administrator.or both sometimes. By the way, do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on

the computer with the Premiere Elements 12 trial?

Did you restart the computer after you straightened out the matter of Administrative Rights for the program?

Please review. Please excuse if you were aware of the above before, but I did not want to take anything for granted.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
              TheToxicGamer97 Level 1

1. Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

2. Nividia Geforce 760

3. Installing driver version 334.89 as we speak

4. 334.89

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                TheToxicGamer97 Level 1

Windows 7 64 bit and I have assured all the above, I have all the latest versions and did restart the computer

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Thank you for that information.

Please let us know if the updated nVidia driver helps the launching of PrE 12.

As mentioned, do you also have Apple's QuickTime Player installed, and if so, what version?

Thanks, and good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                    TheToxicGamer97 Level 1

the new driver didn't help and I am positive I have the latest version of QuickTime. I am honestly too lazy to find the exact version number as I am exhausted from trying to fix this literally all day.

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Thank you for that information.

When you get back to this issue, let's try launching PrE from the icon, via Rt-clicking on it, then choosing Run As Administrator, just to get that out of the way.

Also, do you have any active, real-time scanning anti-virus, anti-malware, or anti-anything software running? If so, please turn that OFF, and try the Run As Administrator.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                        TheToxicGamer97 Level 1

I've tried all this earlier and it didn't work.

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gamer

Thanks for the replies. Time for a break.

Please consider trying to download and install new Premiere Elements 12 tryout files.

For that, I would suggest doing that from the following web site, This has been being done almost routinely lately....

Be sure to read carefully the Note: Very Important Instructions otherwise you will end up with an Access Denied message.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

If all that works out, then you can decide from whom you want to buy the product Adobe or an authorized reseller.

Be advised, if you buy from an authorized reseller, you can purchased the box packaging which will give you an installation disk for each of Windows and Mac. If you purchase from a download, you purchase files specific to your computer operating system. More on that aspect after the trial details are worked out.

ATR

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                            aerosum

I am also facing the same problem.

The configuration is following

1. Windows 8.1 Pro 64BIT

2. AMD Radeon Graphics Card 2GB

3. 6GB Ram

Tried running it as administrator.

Seriously not able to make it work and it always says log in as administrator to use it. No success so far.

Thanks

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

aerosum

Check List

a. Have you right clicked the Premiere Elements 12 desktop icon and selected Run As Administrator.

b. If you go to Control Panel/User Accounts and Family Safety/User Accounts, can you see a thumbnail

with your name and "Administrator" included in the account?

c. What is the specific AMD Radeon Graphics Card that you have? In Device Manager/Display Adapters/, is it just that one card that you see named there? If you go to the Driver tab of the card, what is the driver version number and date?

Let us review those details and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                                aerosum Level 1

Hi ATR,

thanks for Responding. The checklist says

a. Yes

b. Yes

c. AMD Radeon HD 7600 M Series. Driver Date: 06-12-2013 Driver Version: 13.251.0.0

Let's hope we can fix it. Trial would end soon so I really need to be sure I can run this software on this machine before I buy it.

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

aerosum

How many days do you have left on your tryout?

Have you been to the AMD website to try to determine if your computer has the latest version of the video card driver?

I found the following online which looks like a good place to start, especially Option 1 with the Auto Detect Drivers & Updates feature.

http://www.driversinstaller.com/amd.html

My browsing the Internet for a driver update could not find anything as recent as your 6/12/2013 13.251.0.0 and Windows 8.1 64 bit was not mentioned, only Windows 8 64 bit.

Please let us know how the above works out.

Thanks.

ATR

• 14. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                                    aerosum Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thanks again for the response. The problem seems to be something else now. I updated the Graphics Driver and now when I start premier elements it says incompatible Graphics Driver found and shuts off

I don't get it why is it so difficult getting it run.

As I see in the Display Adapters in Device Manager it shows 2 things

1. AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series Driver configuration is still the same

2. Intel HD Graphics 4000 22-01-2014 10.18.10.3412

Any more ideas on how can I work this out?

• 15. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                                      aerosum Level 1

And on The AMD site it shows Windows 8.1 Pro and windows 8 probably have the same drivers.

• 16. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                                        nealeh Level 5

aerosum,

I'm taking it your PC is a laptop as you have the mobile version of an AMD driver. What brand and model number?

I would also speculate that your laptop is one of those with twin display drivers as your device manager now shows both AMD and Intel. This type of laptop 'intelligently' switches from one display driver to the other depending on the graphics loading. This is designed to save power as the IntelHD draws much less power than the higher spec AMD.

Unfortunately PRE has not shown itself to work well in this twin display environment. Usually there are two ways to prevent the display switching from affecting PRE. One is to switch it off in BIOS or UEFI, selecting it to always run the AMD driver - but this afffects every application. The other is there is usually a configuration utility that allows you to specify that a particular application will always run with a specific driver. If you can find this utility, set it so that PRE always runs with the AMD display.

Finally are you sure you have the latest AMD driver? You list Driver Date: 06-12-2013 Driver Version: 13.251.0.0 (I don't know if your date setting is mm/dd or dd/mm in that line) but the latest I see on the AMD site is 18th Dec 2013 v13.12. So regardless of your date setting AMD has a more recent driver, but with a lower version number to that you list. This is possible if your installed drivers are from the laptop manufacturers site, as manufacturers do often tweak generic drivers for their own hardware.

Cheers,
                                        --
                                        Neale
                                        Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 17. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

aerosum

Just starting my day.

Recent posts have pointed to a 2 video card set up as being problematic for Premiere Elements 12. That is why I asked back in post 11 of the thread that you joined

c. What is the specific AMD Radeon Graphics Card that you have? In Device Manager/Display Adapters/, is it just that one card that you see named there? If you go to the Driver tab of the card, what is the driver version number and date?

Since your reply was

c. AMD Radeon HD 7600 M Series. Driver Date: 06-12-2013 Driver Version: 13.251.0.0

I took that to mean that your computer used just that one video card.

Moving forward,

1. Did you update the AMD driver that you had using the AMD utility that identifies the update that you need? If so, what is the date and version number for the driver that the AMD utility recommended? That AMD utility is described in a link that I posted for you in a prior post in this thread.

http://www.driversinstaller.com/amd.html

2. Have you attempted to disable the Intel card and determine if that is a viable solution?

But before you do anything else, in view of the message that you are receiving

The problem seems to be something else now. I updated the Graphics Driver and now when I start premier elements it says incompatible Graphics Driver found and shuts off

please delete the BadDrivers.txt file to determine if that has any impact on the situation. The path to the BadDrivers.txt file in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit is

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. After you open a Premiere Elements project, the program will generate a new BadDrivers.txt file with the problem hopefully gone. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

The rationale behind the deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file is given in post 10 of this older thread.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/732067

This BadDrivers.txt file deletion has been a lifesaver to many (with Premiere Elements 9 or later) who were hit by this display card error.

Please review and consider and then we can put it all together to determine what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 18. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                                            aerosum Level 1

Hi Neale, ATR

Thank you for your insights.

The Driver I have is the latest.  http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

13.12 is the revision numbef of catalys software and not the driver. The details tell the latest driver is 13.251 which is what I have.

Driver date can be deduced from the Catalyst Control Center ver. 2013.1206.1602.28764 The first two figures show the date. 2013, 06, 12 which is what is the date of driver installed on my machine.

I checked it with the utility as well http://www.driversinstaller.com/amd.html and it also says I have the latest driver.

I then tried the HP start smart thing which is used to update the driver. it also says i do not need to update the driver as it is the latest.

Drivers not update issue resolved I guess.

I tried disabling the intel HD Graphics from the device manager. PRE still crashes.

3. removed the BadDrivers.txt file too. It still crashes.

Another thing I would like to mention is that Adobe Premier Pro is also crashing when I run it. Adobe after effects however appears to run but with a warning saying I do not have a supported graphics card which is NVidea one and thus CPU rendering will be used. (Why is it so specific to NVidea graphics card?)

Any more ways we can think of working this out. I seriously do not wish to get into buying a new machine just to run a software. The machine I have appeared to me as to having a pretty decent configuration but appears to be not working in this case.

Regards

Sumit

• 19. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Sumit

Because of CUDA and Premiere Pro, I can see the dependency of Premiere Pro on those special NVIDIA video cards.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/premiere-pro-cs6.html

Premiere Elements takes no such advantage using these NVIDIA cards - CUDA.

But time for recap since you entered the thread of another saying you had the same problem as the originator of the thread.

After all has been said and done, please define "not working" as of this writing. Is it error/warning messages that prevent you from continuing, crashes after you have worked in the project for a few minutes to long periods of time, or other?

I am asking for this recap so that we do not get tripped up by any information that was taken for granted or simply fell through the cracks.

Did you ever explore looking at other download files for the Premiere Elements 12 tryout as I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread?

Are you multitasking when any of these Premiere Elements 12 does not work occurs?

I am not sure if Adobe Chat helps out with Premiere Elements 12 tryout issues or restricts its contact to purchased only. We can explore that if necessary. Let us see what we can do with the above thoughts first.

Thanks.

ATR

• 20. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                                                aerosum Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thanks for explaining the CUDA requirement for Premiere pro.

So, yes.. time to recap.

1. The problem of message saying login as administrator seems not to occur when I run as administrator.

2. The problem of PRE starting and then shutting off remains. Initially I thought it is because of the admin login it is asking but that issue gets away when I run as administrator but PRE Still crashes/Shuts off

3. Crash happens as soon as PRE launches. Just the screen appears and wihtin few seconds it just crashes.

4. Another download will cause more of only few GBs of my bandwitdh I would really want to skip or keep it as the last option.

5. I am only trying to run PRE on the machine along with chrome to use internet that's it. No big application is running with it.

Thanks again for all the inputs.

Regards

Sumit

• 21. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Sumit

Please go to

Local Disk C

Windows

System32

Drivers

etc

and in the etc Folder is the hosts file.

Right click the hosts file, select Open with Notepad.

Does the Notepad document of the host file look like the following

host.JPG

With nothing below the line #     : :1     localhost?

Have you tried to install and run the program from a new User Account with Administrative Privileges to rule out a damaged User Account?

We may be getting close to the last resort of trying new download files?

Also please see if there is anything in this generic troubleshooting that might be a consideration.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-windows.html

Thanks.

ATR

• 22. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                                                    aerosum Level 1

Hi ATR,

in the hosts file I have following after ::1 line

============================================================

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.

#

# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

#

# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each

# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should

# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.

# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one

# space.

#

# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual

# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.

#

# For example:

#

#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server

#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.

#          127.0.0.1       localhost

#          ::1             localhost

127.0.0.1       localhost

127.0.0.1       localhost

==============================================================

Do you think removing the last two lines would help?

• 23. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Sumit

Please make a backup of the host file and put it on your computer desktop.

Then edit out those last two lines on the host file that you have. See if the has any effect on

your present situation.

It is almost 2 am where I am, and I am about to call it a day. In the light of day I will pull out my references

on host file. Some people use entries in the host file for protection. I do not work with those lines added.

The following Adobe document which does not mention Premiere Elements is often referred to by some

when in comes to possible host file involvement.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

We will be watching for your results in a few hours.

Thanks.

ATR

• 24. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                                                        aerosum Level 1

Hi ATR,

That option also didn't work.

I have given up. Probably it is a machine configuration issue only and I expect adobe software to be a little over smart to exactly tell the reason why they can't work

Anyway. I have just borrowed another machine from a friend of mine which has

8GB Ram

Core i7 Processor

NVIDIA GeForce 650 Graphics

And Adobe premiere pro works well on it. I suppose Elements will work too.

Thank you however for all your support. Really appreciate it.

Sumit

• 25. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Sumit

Thank you for the update. Sorry the news was not better.

If you get the chance and you do look at Premiere Elements 12 tryout in your borrowed computer, please let us know the outcome.

We appreciated that you looked at the troubleshooting suggestions.

Best wishes

ATR

• 26. Re: Premiere Elements 12 trial opens then closes
                                                            VDOSurfer Level 3

Could you remove the ATI card and then try? If not the physical device, remove the driver (disable) from the task manager. Then try launching PrE. If it works, it is actualy not good news. Just means that the card/driver combination is not right. Let us know and we can help further.