6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2014 7:20 AM by NikolaCoYoT

Effect name Help

NikolaCoYoT

Hello

I have some problem with AE CS 6.

I drag and drop some random effect from effect palette, and now I don't know which effect I used, and I only see default material options.

Any Tip how to see efect name ?

• 1. Re: Effect name Help
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You really, really need to start here.

When you have your layer selected, you can see all of the effects that have been applied in the effects panel.

But really, you need to get some training or you will be very frustrated with AE.

• 2. Re: Effect name Help
            NikolaCoYoT Level 1

Thank you for quick reply.

Ok, I catch the point.

And yes I'm the beginner, but I'm not noob.

Your post doesn't really helpful for me.

I dropped some effect from this group

http://prntscr.com/2zu7az

And shot down AE, when i start again, i forget which effect I used.

That's why I need help to find them.

• 3. Re: Effect name Help
              Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Animation presets don't necessarily have any defining features once applied.   Unfortunately, your best bet s a process of elimination.  Apply all the presets you think might be right until you find the right one. 

• 4. Re: Effect name Help
                NikolaCoYoT Level 1

Thank you bro.

I was hoping to have another solution, but some properties or something like that, some plug-in will be good from Adobe.

• 5. Re: Effect name Help
                  Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

NikolaCoYoT wrote:

I was hoping to have another solution, but some properties or something like that, some plug-in will be good from Adobe.

I think you are misunderstanding what an animation preset is. You called it an effect in your first post, but an animation preset is not an effect; it is a set of effects, keyframes, expressions, etc. that can be applied to layer. It is not really anything in itself. It's like copying and pasting effects and keyframes from one layer to another. There is no reason (or need) to link back to what animation presets have been applied to a layer because you might have changed it beyond recognition from the original preset.

You could make an animation preset that simply applies a Levels effect to a layer. When you apply it to a layer and then click on the layer, you will see the Levels effect in the effects panel and you can change it just like a regular Levels effect because it is just a Levels effect. You can delete it, change it, etc. You could apply an animation preset to a layer with a bunch of effects involved, delete some effects, change others, and maybe add some more effects. Eventually, it won't look anything like the original animation preset. How would it then be linked back to the original?

I feel like I'm not explaining it very well, but perhaps this page will help you understand.

• 6. Re: Effect name Help
                    NikolaCoYoT Level 1

Yes, have a little bit of everything.

It seems that AE is not working as it should (need restart).

I tried these instructions, but the options can not select (copy expression only, effect>remove all...).

Anyhow , thank you very much for the quick response.

I think a proffesor wouldn't respond in such detail.