1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 10, 2014 8:49 AM by Mike M

Problem with Reader/Flash Player

EXPOexpert

I am having problems when I try to open pages on certain web sites.  I'm getting this message..."Adobe Reader--Before viewing PDF douments in this browser you must launch Adobe Reader and accept the end user agreeement then quit and relaunch the browser."  I have a relatively new iMac and had downloaded Adobe Reader (probably didn't need to), but have since deleted it and think I've downloaded Adobe Falsh Player 12  (which I think has Reader as part of it).  I don't see flash player as an application...but see Flash player installer.    Maybe I don't need Adobe at all on this iMac?  I think there's a Safari Reader.  Perhaps they're conflicting?   Any help would be appreciated.  Thx...Jack

• 1. Re: Problem with Reader/Flash Player
          Mike M Level 6

EXPOexpert wrote:

I am having problems when I try to open pages on certain web sites.  I'm getting this message..."Adobe Reader--Before viewing PDF douments in this browser you must launch Adobe Reader and accept the end user agreeement then quit and relaunch the browser."  I have a relatively new iMac and had downloaded Adobe Reader (probably didn't need to), but have since deleted it and think I've downloaded Adobe Falsh Player 12  (which I think has Reader as part of it).  I don't see flash player as an application...but see Flash player installer.    Maybe I don't need Adobe at all on this iMac?  I think there's a Safari Reader.  Perhaps they're conflicting?   Any help would be appreciated.  Thx...Jack

1. Reader DOESN'T have Flash Player. PDFs may occasionally contain Flash content, and for those you NEED Flash Player to view them.

2. Reinstall Reader from here:  http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ Once it's done go to Mac HD/Applications and double click the Adobe Reader app. Accept the license agreement. Trashing the app DOESN'T remove the Intwernet Plug-ins and when you try to view a PDF with Safari, it still shows the alert, so reinstall it and launch it first.

3. See: How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

That should have you all fixed in short order.