8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2007 2:35 PM by Newsgroup_User

New Styles for fireworks

Zealouse Level 1
      I can across this website, www.alphagraphicdesigns.com. They have over 100 different styles to chose from for fireworks and the pack that you can buy comes with components for flash as well. I definitly recomend this site to anyone looking for styles and button styles and vector images. I have looked everywhere to try and find styles for fireworks and could not find anything worth while until I can upon this website. AlphaGraphicDesigns
        • 1. Re: New Styles for fireworks
          Level 7
          Always pleased to discover a new FWs resource. However there have been an
          abundance of styles 'freely' available created and donated by the likes of
          Linda Rathgeber, Richard Blenkinsopp and Nansya as well as valuable
          information as to how to make your own. A good place to start would be

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/search/index.cfm?loc=en_us&term=Fireworks+styles

and more here

http://www.fireworkszone.com/?root=28&extension=1&idChapitre=29

and more here

http://www.templatebase.net/Free-Webmaster-Resources.html

Cheers

Peter

"Zealouse" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:f3ra2r$8pb$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          |I can across this website, www.alphagraphicdesigns.com. They have over 100
          | different styles to chose from for fireworks and the pack that you can buy
          | comes with components for flash as well. I definitly recomend this site to
          | anyone looking for styles and button styles and vector images. I have
          looked
          | everywhere to try and find styles for fireworks and could not find
          anything
          | worth while until I can upon this website.
          http://www.alphagraphicdesigns.com
          |

• 2. Re: New Styles for fireworks
            Zealouse Level 1
            PJR,
            Thanks for the reply, I dont see any other styles. I see the same ones that have been around for years now and only a few styles.

I like the pack because it has many of graphics and all the files are native Fireworks.
            Easy for me to grab whatever vectors objects I want and use the included styles to change there appearance.

Makes things easer on me for doing web design.

Fireworks exchange has no style's at all.
            The pack was worth it, I'm happy :) with it
            • 3. Re: New Styles for fireworks
              Level 7
              That's cool.

I don't know if it's still an issue but it used to be the case that if you
              loaded to many styles into FWs it would slow down quite badly.

Peter
              | Thanks for the reply, I dont see any other styles. I see the same ones
              that
              | have been around for years now and only a few styles.
              |
              | I like the pack because it has many of graphics and all the files are
              native
              | Fireworks.
              | Easy for me to grab whatever vectors objects I want and use the included
              | styles to change there appearance.
              |
              | Makes things easer on me for doing web design.
              |
              | Fireworks exchange has no style's at all.
              | The pack was worth it, I'm happy :) with it
              |

• 4. Re: New Styles for fireworks
                Zealouse Level 1
                I'm using the new CS3 and have over 300 styles, I don't see any performance issues, but I'll uninstall them and test it out. I still have Fireworks MX installed and check that out as well.
                The pack has it as "All in one" and than broken down to each type.

I do a lot of machine interface design for CNC machining. Use a product call Artsoft which controls the motors. Pretty cool stuff you can build a robot and control it with this software if you wanted from your home PC :) mostly use for metal, plastic or wood production.
                I do 3d models and run my machine to cut them out, I've also use Fireworks to make 2.5 models and gotten the depth from gray scale.
                Cool thing for me is the ability to use Flash as an interface for the software, gives a lot of interface possibilities.

• 5. Re: New Styles for fireworks
                  Zealouse Level 1
                  I don't think the site makes it clear, so I'll try to explain

We need to change the way we think when it comes to Adobe products.

So it might seem like they are selling just simple styles, but rather have a large collection of graphics and working Flash screens not only for web use but also for CNC control software.

Times are changing and the web isn't just for buying and selling, we use it to control a machine half way around the world...

Alpha Graphic Design is not just for web design there is a lot of code in the Flash screens to control a 2 ton CNC machine one hundred thousands of an inch. Yes you can code Flash and use Fireworks to design the interface to remotely control a CNC machine half way around the world :)

Maybe its import to realize that they are selling to CNC machinist companies and as well web designer.

Alpha Graphics Designs is charging very little to run Artsoft Quantum to control there machine using Dreamweaver and Flash with completed screens.

So you might be thinking that the web is just a big new paper and advertisement billboard but people are using Dreamweaver Fireworks and Flash for much more than that.

Fireworks and Flash work hand and hand together, the tools that Alpha Graphics Designs provide are to make the operator of a machine easer by providing styles to develop there own personalize look and that are geared towards CNC operation, also providing use full icons/Graphics that relate to CNC machine operation and fully working Flash screens including the Fla's with code to hook up to Artsoft control software to control there CNC machine.

So it's not all about web applications any more.
                  Code can do anything you want it :) make it do more
                  • 6. Re: New Styles for fireworks
                    Level 7
                    I am sure I read somewhere on some newsgroup (Adobe Forums?) that Adobe
                    are looking for views from swf experts.

maybe that is helpful for you and Adobe?

Zealouse wrote:
                    > I don't think the site makes it clear, so I'll try to explain
                    >
                    > We need to change the way we think when it comes to Adobe products.
                    >
                    > So it might seem like they are selling just simple styles, but rather have a
                    > large collection of graphics and working Flash screens not only for web use but
                    > also for CNC control software.
                    >
                    > Times are changing and the web isn't just for buying and selling, we use it to
                    > control a machine half way around the world...
                    >
                    > Alpha Graphic Design is not just for web design there is a lot of code in the
                    > Flash screens to control a 2 ton CNC machine one hundred thousands of an inch.
                    > Yes you can code Flash and use Fireworks to design the interface to remotely
                    > control a CNC machine half way around the world :)
                    >
                    > Maybe its import to realize that they are selling to CNC machinist companies
                    > and as well web designer.
                    >
                    > Alpha Graphics Designs is charging very little to run Artsoft Quantum to
                    > control there machine using Dreamweaver and Flash with completed screens.
                    >
                    > So you might be thinking that the web is just a big new paper and
                    > advertisement billboard but people are using Dreamweaver Fireworks and Flash
                    > for much more than that.
                    >
                    > Fireworks and Flash work hand and hand together, the tools that Alpha Graphics
                    > Designs provide are to make the operator of a machine easer by providing styles
                    > to develop there own personalize look and that are geared towards CNC
                    > operation, also providing use full icons/Graphics that relate to CNC machine
                    > operation and fully working Flash screens including the Fla's with code to hook
                    > up to Artsoft control software to control there CNC machine.
                    >
                    > So it's not all about web applications any more.
                    > Code can do anything you want it :) make it do more
                    >
                    • 7. Re: New Styles for fireworks
                      Zealouse Level 1
                      PJR,
                      Thank you will check it out. Don't see any thinks or email for it?

It's so much fun to work with Adobe projects.

I think we are the first to use Flash for CNC machining :)

I'm not sure if I linked it but there are some video's on Flash and Fireworks being used for CNC machining.
                      http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/forum/index.php?topic=2571.0
                      thank you for the comment
                      • 8. Re: New Styles for fireworks
                        Level 7
                        Found it!

Try www.adobeforums.com Photoshop Windows

Zealouse wrote:
                        > PJR,
                        > Thank you will check it out. Don't see any thinks or email for it?
                        >
                        > It's so much fun to work with Adobe projects.
                        >
                        > I think we are the first to use Flash for CNC machining :)
                        >
                        > I'm not sure if I linked it but there are some video's on Flash and Fireworks
                        > being used for CNC machining.
                        > http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/forum/index.php?topic=2571.0
                        > thank you for the comment
                        >
                        >