7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2014 12:32 PM by Josh_Corey
      • 1. Re: Email automatically
        Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

In a Paid level subscription one of the features is "Email Notifications" which can be configured to be sent to you and/or collaborators and colleagues. There are also Email Reciepts that can be sent to the form filler (an email field on the form).  The form data can be included in a text list of fields and answers.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: Email automatically
          Erexclusive Level 1

Hi Josh,

I have a paid subscription and went through the motions of checking the email notifications box under options (left side of the screen). I also included my boss to receive the email notifications when a new form has been completed. Will this email show with an PDF or excel spreadsheet of the attached form?

Thanks,

Annie

• 3. Re: Email automatically

By default the email does not include the forms data, you have to check the box to include form data, and you can exclude blank fields if you desire.  The form data comes in a plain text format in the email body, not as an attachment.

Make sure your boss has a FormsCentral account that has been set up and "verified" so they do recieve the emails, they will not be sent to email addresses that do not have an account in FormsCentral.

Thanks,

Josh

• 4. Re: Email automatically
              Erexclusive Level 1

Ok got it. But since the account is registered under my email I should receive the completed forms correct?

Also, I'm having trouble exporting forms from the view responses page into a PDF file. It wont allow me to save as a PDF or excel spreadsheet, when i try to save as. Is there a setting that I should put on?

Thanks,

Tnnie

• 5. Re: Email automatically

Everyone gets the same Notification email, if form data was selected it will be shown as a text list, it will not look like the original form completed.

What is happening when you try to export to PDF, are you seeing an error? Also, what are you trying to export, are you using the "Download selected response as PDF form" or "Export Responses"? 

Thanks,

Josh

• 6. Re: Email automatically
                  Erexclusive Level 1

Ok great.

The error message I'm getting says, "Your file X was saved without the proper pdf extension and may not open. Please rename the file where you saved it and add the extension."

But everytime I try to save as a PDF the file options say "all files".

Thanks,

Annie

• 7. Re: Email automatically

Ah - that is a Flash issue with saving files and renaming in the Save As dialog that affects some web browsers.  When you are renaming a file when downloading append with .pdf and they should be fine. 

You will have to locate any of the files saved without extensions and modify the filename adding the extension in order to open those.  Instructions for how to rename those files would vary per platform and depend on whether you have your file browser showing extensions or not, you can google how to change the extension for your platform or give me more information and I can give directions.

Thanks,

Josh