2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2014 12:33 PM by othmar

ACROBAT STARTUP SCRIPTING NOT WORKING (with extendscript Tooklkit CS6)

othmar Level 1

Hi

I experienced in programming, but newbie in JS-Scripting in CS6.

I have developed some scripts in the console of Acrobat XI Pro, now I wan't to install that global script callable by a menu.

I work on Windows-7, with 64bit:

The script path is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\Acrobat\Javascripts

script name is Confg.js

The script is created with Extendscript Tooklkit CS6 editor

only contains this line:

app.alert("Hi, from a globally executed script");

I expect that an alert is poping up, when I open the Acrobat XI Pro with any PDF-File:

for a change

app.addMenuItem({cName:"Menu Test", cParent: "Help",   cExec: "app.alert('Menu Item Test'); "});

doesn't work either

after opening PDF XI Pro with an arbitry PDF I get an error in the console:

Acrobat – Version mit integrierten EScript-Funktionen 11.0

Acrobat SOAP 11.0

SyntaxError: illegal character

1:Folder-Level:App:Config.js

If I create the file with a plain text editor, things will work fine, as expected.

If I edit that clean file with Extendscript Tooklkit CS6 editor again the file is corrupted. This is rahter clumsy. Any solution, so I can work with Extendscript Tooklkit CS6 editor?

• 1. Re: ACROBAT STARTUP SCRIPTING NOT WORKING (with extendscript Tooklkit CS6)
          gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Without seeing the "text" file produced by Extendscript Toolkit in a hex editor, it is pretty hard to tell. if there is some control code buried in the text file.

Acrobat does not support any development UI since most scripts are pretty small.

Another issue might be that Extendccript does not add the proper tags to the scripts when editing Acrobat JS in Acrobat.

Acrobat is not one of listed programs that Extendscript is used with.

• 2. Re: ACROBAT STARTUP SCRIPTING NOT WORKING (with extendscript Tooklkit CS6)
            othmar Level 1

Thanks for the reply.

>>Acrobat is not one of listed programs that Extendscript is used with.

I was already wondering about this. Thought my installation is corrupted or whatever

Though with regret, I have to accept that Extendscript Toolkit can't be used with Acrobat XI scripting. I use jEdit meanwhile. This has syntax higlighting and a linenumbering, helpful to spot errorous linenumbers. This does the job so far.