4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2014 9:02 AM by A.T. Romano

Continue to get this error message when i open premiere elements 12 HELLLLP!!!!

jamodi Level 1

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:          AppHangB1

Application Name:          Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Application Version:          12.0.0.0

Application Timestamp:          530bd24a

Hang Signature:          62e4

Hang Type:          1

OS Version:          6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID:          1033

Additional Hang Signature 1:          62e4700b06d9b2bc1337eb821bd6d23c

Additional Hang Signature 2:          b5c4

Additional Hang Signature 3:          b5c45ff93179fbcd9d80037d92e26d89

Additional Hang Signature 4:          5571

Additional Hang Signature 5:          55712d2cbc8a094feaed7a714b863d63

Additional Hang Signature 6:          d6b0

Additional Hang Signature 7:          d6b0f9de2d8c5e5f8951a44def2b2837

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

• 1. Re: Continue to get this error message when i open premiere elements 12 HELLLLP!!!!
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180
          •What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".
          •Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
          •What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.
          •If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
          •What were you doing when the problem occurred?
          •What other software are you running?
          •Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?
          •Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?
          And some other questions...
          •What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?
          •Have you viewed the tutorial links at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 page?
          •Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)
          What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?
          Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?
          For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information
          -you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself
          ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
          nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

• 2. Re: Continue to get this error message when i open premiere elements 12 HELLLLP!!!!
            A.T. Romano Level 7

jamodi

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 installed?

How far into the opening of the program do you get? Do you get to the Expert or Quick workspaces?

And, if so, how long can you stay there? What are you doing when you get this message, opening a new project

or opening an existing one that has been saved/closed or just trying to launch the program from the desktop icon.

Are you running the program Run As Administrator and from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

Do you have the McAfee antivirus program? Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer

with Premiere Elements 12?

What video card/graphics card does your computer use? Have you verified at the web site of the manufacturer of the

card that the video card/graphics card driver is up to date?

If you do not know, check the Device Manager/Display

Adapters to determine if you have 1 or 2 cards.

Depending on your answers, the next step will be

Uninstall the program the usual Control Panel way.

(If you can get into the program long enough to go to Help Menu/Sign Out, please do that to deactivate the program

before going to the uninstall in Control Panel area.)

Do a run through with ccleaner (both the regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) to get rid of leftovers from

incomplete uninstalls and reinstalls.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Reinstall the program with the antivirus and firewalls disabled.

(If you have McAfee as the antivirus, that may be problem, and we can take care of that without having to go

through this uninstall/ccleaner/reinstall.)

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Continue to get this error message when i open premiere elements 12 HELLLLP!!!!
              jamodi Level 1

I had been working with out interruption for about 3 weeks until last

Thursday. My computer system is Windows 7.

I can open the program to a new project/workspace but once i begin to open

a saved/closed project it freezes and gives me the error while as its

loading project.

I am running as administrator. Just updated my graphics driver (AMD RADEON

6520G) and Quick time is up to date.

Not running McAfee running SecureIT.

Will uninstall/renistall and run CCleaner per directions provided in

previous post. .

• 4. Re: Continue to get this error message when i open premiere elements 12 HELLLLP!!!!
                A.T. Romano Level 7

jamodi

If you have not already done the uninstall/reinstall, then I would take a closer look at the saved/closed project

that will not open without problems.

Can you start a new project? If so, hold off on the uninstall/ccleaner/reinstall and consider

1. Did you move, delete, or rename (files/folders) related to the source media that was imported in the project

after it was saved/closed?

Also look into the Adobe documentation on troubleshooting Damaged Projects.

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/troubleshoot-damaged-projects-premiere-element s.html

If you are having the same problem with new and old projects, then proceed with the uninstall/ccleaner/reinstall

suggestion.

Thanks.

ATR