2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2014 6:40 AM by RajeevAdobe

Presenter 9 + PPT 2013 (32-bit) + Windows 8.1

I have a Surface Pro 2 and all of a sudden Presenter will not record video using the PowerPoint ribbon. Here is the error message:

"Adobe Presenter has encountered an unexpected problem while working with this presentation.  Try saving your work to a new file and restarting PowerPoint.  If the problem persists, consult the Help menu item, or contact support at http://www.adobe.com/support/presenter."

This question has been asked in many ways before, so I'll answer the standard questions here:

1. I am using Windows 8.1 on a Surface Pro 2
      2. I am using the 32-bit version of MS Office.

If there's anything I'm missing here, please let me know. Everything worked fine up until today when I needed to record a presentation.

• 1. Re: Presenter 9 + PPT 2013 (32-bit) + Windows 8.1
          Mayank_M Adobe Employee

Hi Paulrama,

Greetings from Adobe.

Please perform the following steps and see if it resolve the issue:

1. Go to File> Options>Add-ins>Go
          2. Remove presenter Addin , click ok and close powerpoint.
          3. Restart the powerpoint and go to the same location( File> Options>Add-ins>Go).
          4. Click on Add.
          5. Browse to installed location of Adobe Presenter 9 ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Presenter 9.0 ).
          6. Select "Menulauncher.dll " and click ok.
          7. Restart Powerpoint and try to record again and see if it resolve the issue.
          8. Also try to run Powerpoint as "Run As Administrator" each time.

• 2. Re: Presenter 9 + PPT 2013 (32-bit) + Windows 8.1
            RajeevAdobe Adobe Employee

Were you able to record videos by using Video Creator if yes then you may try to uncheck the " Use Presenter VIew "option under Slide Show ribbon in PowerPoint.

Check the screen shot below.