5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2014 9:20 AM by A.T. Romano

Menu problem

redflashred

I just bought moved from a Windows PC to Apple iMac, and installed Premier Elements 12, which I had on the old PC. I carefully copied project files from the PC to the Apple, and it works a treat! However, the menu on my widescreen video emerges in 4:3, and don't work properly. Any thoughts, please?

• 1. Re: Menu problem
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The menu that is used in your project is based on how your project is set up.

What are your Project Settings, as listed under the Edit menu?

I'm actually surprised to hear that project files you created on a PC work on the Mac. That's usually not the case -- and, if you're getting buggy behavior with these projects, this could be why.

• 2. Re: Menu problem
            redflashred Level 1

Seem to be reasonable settings - 1080 x 1920, 25fps, nothing else. I must say I was pleasantly surprised that it worked on the mac, and I did a trial run of 1, which was perfect.

This is the only bug, and I remade the menu to try to overcome thie problem. No deal!

• 3. Re: Menu problem
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I would recommend you finish the PC-created project on a PC and the Mac projects on a Mac. Officially, the project files are not cross-platform, so bugs like this are going to creep in when you try to work on the same project file on both a PC and a Mac.

• 4. Re: Menu problem
                redflashred Level 1

OK. Thanks for trying. Onwards and upwards!

• 5. Re: Menu problem
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

redflashred

From what you have written, it is correct that your project preset is

PAL

AVCHD

Full HD1080i25?

When you get to Tools Menu/Movie Menu, what specific theme choice are you making for the disc menu?

What is your destination, DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, AVCHD on DVD disc, or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

And what did you do when you say

I remade the menu to try to overcome thie problem

Like SG, I wonder about taking a Premiere Elements 12 Windows project.prel file into Premiere Elements 12 Mac. Never heard

of that before unless the user was working from the bootcamp sector of the Mac. I have never used a Mac computer, so my Windows Mac project.prel

compatibility is from what I have read over and over again.

If you supply the requested information I will take a look at your Mac situation on the common ground between Premiere Elements Windows Mac.

Thanks.

ATR