• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting Size of FlashHelp output?

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2006 Jun 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry to post so many questions here, but I have gotten such great help so far.....
Anyway, I want to know if there is a way to specify the size of the help window when building flashhelp output, and also, can I specify how wide I want the TOC/Search/etc pane to be, and how wide I want the Topic pane to be?
When I generate it, the left hand TOC pane looks too narrow, and the Topic pane is really wide. I know I can adjust it, but I would like to be able to set a default for it to open as. Can I do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aus_Steph

No need to apologize for asking questions. That's why we are here. Of course, we all appreciate it if you first give the forum search a try in order to see if others have asked the same question 50 or so times before, but that happens.

If you haven't already, try downloading my Skinny on Skins file. It's mostly about WebHelp settings, but there are more than a few FlashHelp settings there too. I think I have that navigation pane width setting mapped out in there.

As for the overall size of the window, you will notice that if you expand the Windows pseudo folder in your project pane, you can define a "WebHelp window". Not sure if this also applies to FlashHelp, but seeing as how FlashHelp is a WebHelp variant, I can't imagine it might not work. Then again....

However, even if you were creating WebHelp, you should know that simply defining the window won't work in and of itself. After you define the window, you must use the WebHelp API to access the help.

If you aren't doing things this way, you might also benefit by looking at the following link:
Click here to read the article

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick,

Thanks for that. Where is your file on skins? I took a quick look at your website but couldnt see it.

I like your site......pagan by any chance? I am a pagan witch, have been for about 12 or 13 years. Happy Summer Solstice to you, even if you aren't ;)

Steph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steph

I'm more of an enigma. An eclectic mix. I subscribe to many beliefs and believe that any path that leads to enlightenment is the correct and right path.

I do like Pagans very much. But also like the Buddhists and most all other paths. My diverse spiritual community and home recently hosted a group of Tibetan Buddhist monks that created a sand mandala. Such a beautiful creation! What patience! Then in a ceremony, they swept the sand up and destroyed it. But the whole process was very moving and very spiritual.

Anyway, not to get off the beaten path. Click here to visit the download page for the Skinny. Also note that you will probably need to right click, look at properties, then click Unblock in order to coax Windows into believing the world will, in fact, NOT end if it shows you the pages. LOL

Cheers... Rick 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hheeehe, thanks Rick.
I too am very eclectic, and see the word "pagan" as encompasing many cultures/religions/spiritual paths.
That experience with the monks sounds absolutely amazing. Geez my life is dull :(

Thanks for all your help, I dont know what I would have done if not for you and the others on this forum!!

Steph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp