3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2014 7:51 AM by Peter Spier

Where is Tool Bar

Dan Young

Can you please help me find the vertical tool bar in CC Indesign CS6??  Can't find it and getting way way behind.

thanks

Dan Young

• 1. Re: Where is Tool Bar
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Window > Tools

• 2. Re: Where is Tool Bar
            Dan Young Level 1

Hi Peter and Thank You,

I looked in the Window tab and there is not a selection for Tools.  Just got off the phone with an Adobe tech and he said that the plug in was not loaded... whatever that means???  He said to uninstall Indesign then go to the Cloud and down load it again.

When I uninstall Indesign, am I going to loose my Indesign files?????

Thanks again for your courtesy in responding to my plea for help!

Dan Young

• 3. Re: Where is Tool Bar
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Forr goodness sake don't uninstall before you dig a bit deeper.

Was it ever there? Open the extension manager from the help menu and check to be sure that the Tool Box is present and enabled...

What workspace are you using? Do the tools come back if you reset it?

You aren't working in hidden panels mode, are you? Hit Tab to check...

See if trashing the prefs makes a difference: Replace Your Preferences

If you've run through all of that and it still doesn't work, then it's time to think about reinstalling. Your files will be safe as long as they are not saved in the application folder, but as always, you should do a backup before making changes.