Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing/adding html files with bookmarks to project/TOC

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overview:

I've been importing some old html files that have a massive number of bookmarks/anchors in them (few hundred html 'pages' some of them mini help document libraries) in an effort to move the manuals into RH format. Using RH11

Problem:

when I import them all the bookmarks are showing up under each topic page. Second, when I add a folder into the TOC or auto generate a TOC it pulls each bookmark as a page (see screen shot). Any way I can get around this issue? I can manually add (drag/drop) the 'updates' page here into the TOC and it doesn't pull the bookmarks as pages. However i'm interested in knowing if I can simply not import the bookmarks or exclude them from populating as pages in the TOC. This seems to be new to RH11 (i've used RH9 without this issue in the past, on a similar project).

System;

RH11

Office 2013

SharePoint 2010

RH11Capture.PNG

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

** Dragging topics from the topic list vs. the project manager saves some time, I can probably work through this. Still wondering though why all bookmarks are suddenly visable in RH11 vs. RH9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Note that when you choose to auto-generate a TOC, you have a choice as to whether to create links to bookmarks. Look at the dialog below:

tmp1.png

My guess is that in the older version this option wasn't enabled when you auto created a TOC and you really didn't pay attention to the way it was set in the new version.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp