4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2014 2:15 PM by Trevor.Dennis

incomplete picture fix

jinx.industries@gmail.com

i have an image with half of its part , is there any way software shall complete it by itself recognizing the type of image it is .

• 1. Re: incomplete picture fix
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

While there are several Tools in Ps, that might be helpful in completing missing portions of an image, nothing is going to be automatic, and might require a lot of handwork.

Can you attach a JPEG or PNG of the Image, so that others can help direct you?

Also, please let us know what version of Ps you are using, and on which OS version.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: incomplete picture fix
            Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Content Aware Fill can be very effective, but it can't work miracles.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/the-russell-brown-show/content-aware-fill-part-1/rus/

But sometimes you have to rebuild it yourself from other pictures.  I quite liked this shot, but cut the end of the nearer guy's arm and hand off, which spoiled the shot.  So I had to build the right hand 15% or so from nothing.  The referee took care of a big chuck, and the end of the wrestler's arm and hand was composited in from another frame.  Looking at it now I can see I messed up with the Ferris wheel which has a misalignment in front of the referee's tummy.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8205/8173262865_a0b76f9afe_z.jpg

There are some tricks that can make Content Aware Fill work better, so if you upload the image you are working on, we can advise further.

• 3. Re: incomplete picture fix
              Noel Carboni Level 8

This is a bit off topic but I wanted to comment on Trevor's shot.

I always try to tell myself to "shoot loose, always shoot loose".  I wish I'd listen sometimes.

-Noel

• 4. Re: incomplete picture fix
                Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Noel Carboni wrote:

I always try to tell myself to "shoot loose, always shoot loose".  I wish I'd listen sometimes.

-Noel

I went from film to DSLR with a 30D some years ago, and when I was sure that digital was OK, I changed the 30D for a 1DsMK3 with 21Mp sensor, and told myself exactly what Noel said.  I now have enough pixels to be able to waste a few so I could keep extremities inside the frame. It doesn't always happen though.  Especially when there is as much movement as in the above situation.