1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 22, 2006 1:30 AM by RoboColum(n)

Tailoring content within a single help project

tschuman
      I understand that I can use conditional text to customize our WebHelp for different audiences. This is the first time that I have worked on an application that needs the WebHelp tailored to two different audiences. If I understand the conditional text feature in Robohelp, I think that I have to generate different Help systems for each version. This means two different Help systems for a single product.

My developer would like all the content in a single Help system with "flags" to indicate which topics should appear based on how the user logs into our program (we host the application on our server). Does anyone know if there is a way to do this using RoboHelp X5.0.2?

Thanks.
      Tim Schuman
      Advent Software, Inc.

• 1. Re: Tailoring content within a single help project
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Tim. The idea of build tags is that you have a single project from which you can generate one or more help system including/excluding topics or topic content as appropriate. What your developers are asking for can not be done purely with RH. What you could do is publish your webhelp to different server locations based on your build tags. Then your application could point the user towards the appropriate location depending on how they logon. This last bit may be technically feasible, although as I have no experience of this I may be wrong. I'd guess your developers could find a solution to this themselves.