2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2014 9:06 AM by Johndavidrichards

Filtering of Data in Summary Report without also granting access to change the form or settings.

Johndavidrichards

I have been pulling my hair out over this and it seems like a legitimate request.

I'm using forms central to have 50 of our sales reps submit product presentation forms so we can document and measure efforts to promote certain products.

We have 6 Managers that need to review data related to the reps that report to them.

There appears to be a gap in the authorization in Collaboration levels because

Authors, Co-Authors, and Contributors have access to filter data in the View Responses and Summary report Screens but they can apparently change the form as well..not good because aimless poking around can cause the form to go offline.

Readers can filter data in their private view of View Responses but they cannot filter it under the Summary Report Screen.   They cannot change the form which is good.

I need my managers to have a level of access that allows them to filter data in both View Responses and Summary Report Screens without also giving them access to change the form or other things they should not mess with.

Any help would be appreciated.

JohnR

• 1. Re: Filtering of Data in Summary Report without also granting access to change the form or settings.
          Wenlan_Du Level 2

FormsCentral does provide this ability with "Publish Responses" that you can share responses and summary report with others, but don't allow them to view the design pages. You can share the responses by clicking on "Share" button at the lower left corner and choose "publish responses", then send the link to the managers.

Thanks,

Wenlan

• 2. Re: Filtering of Data in Summary Report without also granting access to change the form or settings.
            Johndavidrichards Level 1

Screen Shot.jpg

I beg to differ with your response dude but I appreciate the help none the less.

When i got to work this morining I verified by sending the published link to one of my inside people.  She opened it up, setup an adobe login account and viewed the data.

In the View response tab she could filter the data but when she clicked on the Summary Report tab the report is not refreshed to reflect the updated data selected in View Responses.   It will not allow her to Filter the Summary Report either and tells her that she has to be an author or co-arthor to do this.  It just gives her the global statistics on the whole salesforce instead of just the territory that she filtered in view data.

My point is that if you give viewiers access to filter the responses why can't you give them access to filter the summary report?

I don't want to have to create and send 6 different reports to my managers each week.  I want to empower them to access, filter, sort and review both the spreadsheet and summary report with data that is relivent to their sales region.

This one fix would open up so many more possibilities for this awesome program.  After all, collecting the data and looking at it in a spread sheet is not really any value unless you can filter it and represent the results in graphics that tell the story of the data. (Yes i know we can graph it in excel but I would rather not have our sales managers doing that with their time)

JohnR