3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2014 5:32 AM by Peter Spier

can't save any file with any name-InDesign CC

bunsworth

can't save any file with any name-file DBTmp4376-863643269 is damaged (error code:0)

InDesign CC, OS version 10.9.1

I explored solutions to failure in background task alert which did not work. Been using adobe products since they came on the scene. Nothing like this. Please help.

• 1. Re: can't save any file with any name-InDesign CC
          Joel Cherney Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Any file? As in, you start a brand-new file, you try to save, and you get the "DBtmp etc is damaged" error?

If you have a file you're trying to work on now and cannot save, I expect that you can export an IDML and save your work.

Have you updated InDesign CC to 9.2?

• 2. Re: can't save any file with any name-InDesign CC
            bunsworth Level 1

I'm using version 9.2.

Yes, it started with a new file. Support gave me the solution to save it to my desktop which worked. When I put it back in the original folder and opened/save it would not save to that folder. Created a new folder and was able to open & save to the new folder. That seems to be a workable solution. How a folder can become corrupt is a bit scarey.

In experimenting with solutions I received another error "failure in background task alert" and discovered CS5 problems with background task.

However the solutions for CS5 did not work in my incidence.

I sure would like to prevent this from happening again. If you have any insights please share them. Otherwise I will just accept the experience as another computer workaround and be thankful that I have it.

Thanks for responding.

• 3. Re: can't save any file with any name-InDesign CC
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Sounds like a permissions issue on the folder.