2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2014 3:39 AM by gbccmcp

CS4 will not launch?!

gbccmcp

I click on the PS logo to open the software. Logo comes up on my desktop...but it will NOT OPEN!  I've tried restarting my computer.  I've tried a software update.  So far, no luck with anything I've tried!! 

PLEASE HELP!  I have two photoshoots I'm getting behind on because of this issue. 

Thanks in advance.

-M

• 1. Re: CS4 will not launch?!
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Sounds like a possible need to reset Photoshop's preferences to defaults.

Press and hold Command - Shift - Option (or Control - Shift - Alt if on a PC) immediately upon cold-starting Photoshop.  If you get the keys down quickly enough - and you have to be quite quick - it will prompt you to confirm deletion of your current preferences, which will lead to the establishment of a fresh default set.  If it does not prompt you, you haven't been quick enough to get the keys down.

Good luck.

-Noel

• 2. Re: CS4 will not launch?!
            gbccmcp Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've tried this now a few times though and nothing happens.  I'm pressing the keys down super fast too.  ???  Is there any other way to reset the preferences when I can't access the Photoshop menu.  :/