5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2014 3:43 PM by cbranch6

HELP!

cbranch6

HELP! Is there anyway you can show/hide a submit button? For example, I want someone to submit the form unless they are required to respond to additional questions.

• 1. Re: HELP!
          Drewy62 Adobe Employee

There is no way to make the submission button conditional other than to use required fields. In the case of required fields that are not filled the submit button becomes inactive. If you have questions about required fields please post them here and we will see what we can do to help you.

Andrew

• 2. Re: HELP!
            cbranch6 Level 1

Hi Drew! Thanks. So essentially what i want to do is say "were you were impacted by this event (binary Y/N)"...If they respond yes they can continue but if not, i want a hyperlink to appear with a link to another survey.. I know i could essentially include this all on one form, but the problem is that it is SOOO long and the formatting can be a nightmare since you can't control margins. THANK YOU!

• 3. Re: HELP!
              Drewy62 Adobe Employee

That approach has a couple of problems. Responding Yes or No to a required field count as a response and will allow the user to submit. Additionally we don't support hyperlinks within forms. You can have them as static text items but they won't link to an actual form. Lastly you can control your forms margins and using side by side layout you might be able to shorten the length of your form. I suggest you look at the FAQ for side by side layout.

Andrew

• 4. Re: HELP!
                cbranch6 Level 1

Thank you. it is not a link to the form - it is a link to the other

questionnaire. It works when i did it? Sorry if i am confused. The issue

with the margins is it controls for the entire document and when you have a

complicated form it can get messy. The other outstanding problem is the

inability to have more than one skip logic rule. Thus, if you want someone

to skip a set of 20 questions based on a form then you can't create any

other logic when an individual in fact has to answer those questions that

must be skipped by others. Does that make sense? Sorry if i sound like an

idiot.

• 5. Re: HELP!
                  cbranch6 Level 1

Thank you. it is not a link to the form - it is a link to the other

questionnaire. It works when i did it? Sorry if i am confused. The issue

with the margins is it controls for the entire document and when you have a

complicated form it can get messy. The other outstanding problem is the

inability to have more than one skip logic rule. Thus, if you want someone

to skip a set of 20 questions based on a form then you can't create any

other logic when an individual in fact has to answer those questions that

must be skipped by others. Does that make sense? Sorry if i sound like an

idiot.

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 12:21 PM, Casey Branchini