4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2014 8:12 AM by rHolzer

publish bug

I'm using edge animate cc version and have encountered a bug when publishing.  Extra text is being injected between div tags when text is nested inside a div.  For example: if you draw a square on the screen and then add a text field inside the square (div), then you will see text overlapping itself when you publish.  The problem does not occur when testing...only when publishing.

The problem seems to go away when an image is the bottom item inside the nested div....sometimes! 

I've attached a screen shot of the issue and then a screen shot of the inspected element. 

Screen Shot 2014-03-12 at 10.33.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-03-12 at 10.33.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-03-12 at 10.43.28 AM.png

Can anyone tell me if the problem I'm seeing is something I'm doing wrong, or if this is a bug?

• 1. Re: publish bug
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

Following you simple exxample - same version, I do not get the result you show. I get the results as expected.

On close inspection of your screenshot I notice an alternate property I am not fmailiar with - webkit- tap-highlight. Are you using a third party script within this project file?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: publish bug
            rHolzer Level 1

I am not using any external scripts that I'm aware of, but I believe I have located my problem.  The text I'm using is being copied and pasted from powerpoint.  I believe the webkit-tap-highlight 'feature' is being copied and pasted over when I import the text. 

Copying and pasting the text into notepad first and then copying it and pasting it into Edge Animate seems to fix my problem.  Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

• 3. Re: publish bug
              sarhunt Adobe Employee

Huh, interesting. Glad you found a solution!

• 4. Re: publish bug
                rHolzer Level 1

I believe I spoke too soon.  After further testing, I encountered the problem again and am unable to figure out the root cause of the problem.  The problem may be due to the webkit-tap-highlight being added to the div tag.  I am still seeing the problem when nesting text inside a square inside edge animate.  However, I don't see it consistently and I have no idea where the webkit-tap-highlight is originating from.

Has anyone else encountered this issue when publishing in Edge Animate?