2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2006 8:49 AM by Newsgroup_User

Hard Drive Crash-Help

donaldhines Level 1
      My hard drive rescently crashed. Had to reformat then clean install Windows XP. Unfortunately had a project in which the most rescent version i Didn't back-up. I have a compiled projector of the project. Also in a shockwave file(.DCR) and an older version with the code. But I lost almost two months work(I know, I'm an idiot-i'll never forget "back-up-back-up-back-up")
      iS THERE ANYWAY TO RECOVER THE CODE FROM EIHTER THE '.DCR' FILE OR THE PROJECTOR '.EXE" FILE???
        • 1. Re: Hard Drive Crash-Help
          Level 7
          From everything I have heard, you can not get the script from a DCR, just
          the various media cast members. Sorry.

It's too late for this advice, but I will offer it anyway. In the future if
          you have a problem with a drive do not reformat it. Get yourself a small
          cheap drive from ebay or something and load Windows on that. Often you can
          still read some data from a bad drive.

If your drive really 'crashed' meaning it suffered from a physical disk
          problem I would be really hesitant do use it again.

• 2. Re: Hard Drive Crash-Help
            Level 7
            Even after a reformat/new installation, I have had success with textfiles
            using GetDataBack from:
            http://www.runtime.org/
            If your drive was very fragmented before format, and as more you write to
            the disk, the smaller the chance is...